Around 100 travel advisors attended the inaugural Visit Europe + Britain Roadshow in Melbourne and Sydney last week, where they connected with and heard from the Rail Europe team.
Alongside the team were nine tourism representatives from Atout France, the Italian National Tourist Board, Switzerland Tourism, Tourism Ireland, the Austrian National Tourist Office, Visit Monaco, Spain Tourism Board, Visit Portugal and VisitBritain.
Advisors learnt first-hand some new happenings and experiences in Europe and Britain in 2024 and improved their knowledge on European train services and connections across the continent. Before the nights were over 10 advisors from each city took home the following prizes for acing the quiz:
- Teniesha Gill (Travel Associates Geelong) and Ganesa Suppiah (GSA Hospitality) – 1st class 15 day Eurail Global Pass & $100 Endota Spa voucher from Rail Europe,
- Nickie Collings (Global Int’l Travel Services) and Caitline Hoey (Libertas) – Binchy Tea Hamper from Tourism Ireland,
- Jacinta Anderson (TravelManagers MEL) and Cathy Moir (Travel Managers– A bottle of Pernod Ricard & a French beret (MEL); a bottle of Perrier Jouet (SYD) from Atout France,
- Anna Huang (FCTG Collins St) and Bret Bellchambers (Atour Travel Services) – Swarovski carafe from the Austrian National Tourist Office,
- Diane Rawlings (Where2Travel MEL) and Emma Mogensen (FCTG Balgwolah) – $100 Spanish restaurant vouchers from the Spain Tourism Board,
- Ivana DeColle (FCTG Ivanhoe) and Jade Jackson (Flight Sale) – Victorinox backpack from Switzerland Tourism,
- Maddie Wood (FCTG Collins St) and Irena Bryant (TravelManagers) – Limited edition cheese board from Italian National Tourist Board,
- Michelle Banoura (Travellers Lounge) and Kate Turner (FCTG Bridgepoint) – Gin from the Distillerie de Monaco from Visit Monaco,
- Maurits Klunder (FCTG Brighton) and Lani Symons Vaughn (MTA) – Portuguese wines from Visit Portugal,
- Catherine Whelan (Hawthorn Travel) and Emma Hanger (FCTG George St) – British Hamper featuring English sparkling wine from VisitBritain.
The Roadshow was a partnership between Rail Europe, the European Travel Commission (ETC) and VisitBritain.
(Featured Image: Winners in Sydney – Supplied)
A partnership between Greentown China Holdings Limited, China Resources Land Limited and Hangzhou Metro Development Company Limited and the Four Seasons will see the opening of China’s second Four Seasons hotel next year. At the heart of the city’s newest mixed-use development project, Hangzhou Centre Towers, Four Seasons Hotel Hangzhou at Hangzhou Centre will offer […]