Look, the last thing we want to do is alarm you, but entries for our Women in Travel Awards close really soon.
The deadline is on the 12th of April, and while three weeks may seem like ample time to enter trust us: we know deadlines, and there’s nothing worse than having to rush something as important as recognising hard-working women!
Enter now here.
In case you’re new to this, the Women in Travel Awards recognise women who have achieved astronomic success in their professional arenas and celebrate their invaluable contribution through leadership, innovation and courage to the travel industry. Check out last year’s winners here.
This year, we’ve added two new categories to the mix: Executive Leader of the Year and Sustainable Practices Champion. You can check out the full list of categories below:
- Employer of the Year
- Social Media
- Road and Rail
- Rising Star of the Year
- Marketer of the Year
- Mentor of the Year
- PR of the Year
- Sales Person of the Year
- Tourism Board
- Entrepreneur of the Year
- Executive Leader of the Year
- Sustainable Practices Champion
A top team of expert judges will also decide on the 20 most influential women in the travel industry, in the form of Travel Weekly‘s very own Power List. Check out the 2018 list here.
Intrepid Group has come on board as principal sponsor of the Women in Travel Awards for the fourth year in a row, and Doltone House is back as venue partner for the third straight year. APT Travel Group, Collette and G Adventures are also among the sponsors for this year’s awards.
You can submit your Women in Travel Awards entry here. However, before you get going, make sure you read the following crucial information:
- The deadline for entries is Friday 12 April 2019 at 5pm (AEST).
- You are eligible to enter more than one category, as long as the work submitted meets the criteria.
- Previous Women in Travel award winners are eligible to enter again.
- Judging is done by a panel of industry experts and entries are given a score out of 100.
- Please ensure all details are entered accurately, and please include entrants profile photo (in Attachment tab), as this will be used for the awards presentation. For those entering the Employer category, please include a team photo.
- All entrants and finalists must purchase a ticket to attend the awards night.
This year, the Women in Travel Awards are being held on Thursday 20 June at Doltone House – Hyde Park in Sydney. Click here to secure your spot and take advantage of the early bird ticket price.
Here are the key dates to mark down in your calendar:
Entries close: Friday 12 April 2019 at 5pm (AEST)
Judging period: Monday 15 April to Friday 10 May 2019
Awards shortlist announced: Wednesday 15 May 2019
Early bird ticket sale closes: Wednesday 22 May 2019 at 5pm (AEST)
Full-price tickets on sale: Friday 24 May until sold out
Awards night: Thursday 20 June 2019 at Doltone House – Hyde Park
Got an inspirational colleague? Nominate them here.
P.S. Please save your Women in Travel Awards entry in a Word doc in case so many of you jump onto the awards portal that it crashes. It’s better to be safe than sorry!
Stay tuned for plenty more info on the awards in the coming weeks and months. For all Women in Travel Awards enquiries, email Nicolle Lawson at firstname.lastname@example.org.