Start your week right by getting the jump on all the latest deals, updates and pretty pictures from your favourite wholesalers, best served with a triple-shot long black and half a tube of Berocca.
Intrepid’s $1 deposits are back for 2020
Agents can now book their client’s 2020 adventure for just $1 with Intrepid’s Dollar Deposits.
For a deposit of just a dollar, clients could book a trip to Cycle in Tanzania to see the country on two-wheels. Highlights include spotting the ‘Big 5’ and hiking to the peak of the Ol Doinyo Lengai to witness the destination’s spectacular sunrise views.
Or, travellers can lock in their trip to explore the best of Vietnam’s food scene on Intrepid’s Real Food Adventure. Highlights include taking cooking classes in locals homes and sampling northern specialties like pho and bun cha and visiting a hidden tea house.
Travellers can lock in the next holiday for trips departing before 31 December 2020 and the offer is available until the 13th February 2020.
First five projects announced in ‘Project 100’ community tourism initiative
G Adventures, and its non-profit partner, Planeterra, announced the first five projects in its Project 100 initiative, which is a commitment to have 100 projects built into G Adventures tours by the end of 2020.
The five new projects bring the total number of Planeterra projects built into G Adventures tours to 80, and all will launch between January and March this year.
The new projects have a strong focus on people as well as the environment and include support of a new coral garden where travellers can snorkel in the Whitsundays, as well as a ‘green corridor’ in Madagascar where they will plant trees in an area that has been heavily impacted by deforestation.
APT’s new 2021 pre-release brochure
APT launched a sneak preview of their 2021 Europe brochure, filled with best-selling itineraries as well as some exciting new discoveries.
To celebrate the launch, APT is offering some exclusive pre-release pricing. Bookings made before 30 April 2020 and on selected itineraries across all 2021 departures and cabin categories and international flights will be included.
What’s more, book selected holidays that include a river cruise of 14 nights or more in select cabin categories, and include Business Class for just $2,995 per person. For a limited time, APT is also offering Early Payment Discounts of up to $800 per couple for full payments received ten months prior to departure. Additional features also include Air Credits and No Solo Supplements on select itineraries.
Inspiring Journeys new trip in partnership with ultimate winery experiences
Inspiring Journeys has partnered with Ultimate Winery Experiences to create the brand new 5-day Flavours of South Australia trip.
Designed to showcase the best of the Barossa, Adelaide Hills and McLaren Vale wine regions, this trip connects travellers with the makers, growers and passionate owners of South Australia’s unique food scene and supporting Tourism Australia’s successful Ultimate Winery Experiences of Australia initiative.
- Private cooking demonstration at Maggie Beers Cook and the Chef studio
- A four-course roaming dinner at Adelaide Central Markets, sharing with guests its signature dishes throughout the market
- A visit to the dÁrenberg Cube building designed to excite the senses with lunch at the hatted dÁrry’s Verandah restaurant
- Biodynamic wines at Gemtree, where they harvest according to the phases of the moon to enhancing the quality of the grapes
- Dinner at the award-winning FINO restaurant kitchen, where guests can connect through local, sustainable produce
- Delectable Udder Delights Cheese Cellar showcases the regions best blue cheese, chevre and camembert.
The 5-day Flavours of South Australia trip begins and finishes in Adelaide and starts from $2,980 per person, twin share.
Contiki launches first plant-based trip
Whether you’re one of the estimated 500,000 vegans living in Australia or embracing the new decade with new experiences, Contiki has unveiled a new vegan-friendly tour of Europe this year, in response to growing demand from travellers seeking animal-free alternatives.
The Vegan Food Europe Explorer is a one-off trip and will be guided by two experts on all things plant-based, London based @thelittlelondonvegan and Dusseldorf based @laurafruitfairy. The eight-day trip will take travellers on a vegan food odyssey around some of Europe’s coolest cities, also renowned for having meat-centric local cuisines.
The trip starts in Berlin on the 16th of August and ends in Budapest on the 23rd of August.
Top foodie experiences include:
- A vegan cooking class in Budapest run by @laurafruitfairy
- A private, plant-based EatWith dining experience with locals in Berlin
- A dreamy dinner cruise along the Danube river
- The chance to sample a wide range of vegan delicacies on an interactive food tour in Berlin
The Vegan Food Europe Explorer is currently on offer as part of Contiki’s up to 20 per cent off global sale, with prices starting from $2,264 (standard price starting from $2,829).
Trafalgar launches $799 air deal to Europe and Britain
Trafalgar is offering return $799 economy airfare with its summer Europe & Britain trips 11 days or more (or multiple trips combined with a total of 11 days or more) – flying with Singapore Airlines and Qatar Airways.
Clients must book by 27 February to take advantage of this exclusive offer. And for Trafalgar’s past guests it gets even better, with an extra 5 per cent VIT discount on trips.
Adventure World Travel launches new USA collection
Adventure World Travel has launched its 2020 dedicated USA brochure, with an increased collection of off-the-beaten-track and cultural experiences.
New in 2020, the 7-day Trail of the Ancients itinerary will explore thousands of years of culture, history and traditions of the Ancients who resided in this region prior to the creation of the United States. Guests will learn about native people from the Archaic period, to Anasazi, the Pueblo, and also the Navajo people who still call the region home today.
The new collection will also see travellers stay at unique properties such as Autocamp Yosemite, where guests will stay overnight in a classic Airstream trailer for the ultimate glamping experience. Alternatively, guests can experience a true working ranch when staying at Focus Ranch, located at the border of Colorado and Wyoming.
Albatross Tours announce smaller group size for 2020 European Festive Tours
Albatross Tours announced today they will be reducing the maximum group size on their 2020/21 European Christmas, New Year, and Northern Lights tour programme to just 28 travellers.
Previously capped at a maximum of 40, this change further enhances their more personal style of touring for their travellers and allows an even more authentic European travel experience.
Jenman Safaris Offers Free Nights in Zimbabwe
Until 31 Jan 2020, agents can offer their clients up to two free nights when booking their Elephant’s Eye lodge stay in Zimbabwe with African safari specialists, Jenman Safaris.
On offer are Stay 6 Pay 4 at the Elephant’s Eye and Nantwich starting at US$1400, and Stay 3 Pay 2 at Elephant’s Eye, Hwange starting at US$700.
Agents can also share with their clients that their stay at the Elephant’s Eye Hwange lodge will directly contribute to the school fees for children at the Dingani Primary school in Dete, Hwange.
To take advantage of the offer, bookings with a minimum of 20 per cent deposit must be made by 31 Jan 2020 and travel completed by 31 Dec 2020.
Bucket list battlefield tours for 2020
Mat McLachlan Battlefield Tours is offering a number of special anniversary tours, as well as must-do pilgrimages to the sites where the Anzac legend was born and fostered. All tours are led by expert historians who can assist in tracing ancestors who fought on the battlefields you are visiting.
- Multiple Kokoda tours, all ex-Port Moresby, including thirteen 11-day Kokoda Treks, Anzac Day at Kokoda Without Trekking (departs 18 April), and a Kokoda 78th Anniversary Without Trekking (departs 31 October).
- Dunkirk 80th Anniversary Value Tour: 4 days l Departs 22 May l $873pp, twin share
- Commemorating the 80th anniversary of Operation Dynamo – the Dunkirk evacuation, including visiting the key battle sites and attending the official ceremonies. Multiple UK/Europe joining points to choose from.
- Anzac Day at Hellfire Pass: 7 days l Departs Bangkok 21 April 2020 l $2199pp, twin share this special tour follows the events that occurred during the building of the Thai-Burma Railway in WW2.
- WW2 History Cruise to Papua New Guinea: 11 days I Departs Brisbane 26 August 2020 I from $2599pp
- An exclusive 11-day WW2 History cruise group of Papua New Guinea, including a three-day conference on board with leading Historians plus special shore excursions to Rabaul & Milne Bay. Final cabins available, or pre-register your interest for future cruises.
- Return to the Guadalcanal: 8 days l Departs Honiara 1 August l $4999pp, twin share walk in the footsteps of the marines, soldiers, sailors and airmen who fought in this iconic campaign.
No single supplement fees with Exodus Travels (for a limited time only)
Global adventure travel company, Exodus Travels, is currently offering free single supplements across selected itineraries and dates throughout 2020. But hurry as these are subject to tour availability and therefore will be around for a strictly limited time only.
Don’t miss out on the Dragoman 15 per cent off Global Sale
Dragoman Overland Travel is currently offering 15 per cent off on hundreds of their adventure tours Worldwide. Choose from almost their entire range of overland tours across Asia, Africa and The Americas. Hurry as this offer is only available until by 2nd February 2020 for departures by 30th April 2021.