While most of you are probably working from home by now, some of you may have found a little more spare time due to the current slowdown in business activity.
But rather than twiddling your thumbs or building a pillow fort, we’ve got a much better way to fill that free hour or few! The catch is you have to be female and work in the travel industry.
Yes, the Women in Travel Awards are on once again in 2020, recognising women who have achieved astronomic success in their professional arenas and celebrating their invaluable contribution to the industry through leadership, innovation and courage.
Whether they work on the reception desk or run a company with hundreds of employees, females from all levels of business are encouraged to enter the awards program, which features 19 categories covering every corner of the travel industry.
Submissions will be judged by a panel of esteemed industry leaders and experts, before the winners are revealed an awards ceremony on Thursday 18 June 2020 at Doltone House Darling Island in Sydney.
In light of the current climate within the travel industry and beyond, we’ve decided to extend the entry deadline to Tuesday 17 April at 5pm (AEST), so you still have some time up your sleeve to submit.
Now, before you start working on your entry, here are a few key points to note down:
- Anyone can enter, and you do not need to be nominated beforehand.
- You can enter more than one category, as long as your submission meets the criteria.
- Previous Women in Travel Award winners are eligible to enter again.
- An entry must be filled out and submitted in order to be eligible for judging.
- Judging is done by a panel of industry experts and entries are given a score out of 100.
- Please ensure all details are entered accurately, and that the entrant’s profile photo is included (in the attachment tab), as this will be used for the awards presentation. For those entering the Employer category, please include a team photo.
- The award categories and criteria have been updated, so please review closely before commencing your entry.
- Please save your Women in Travel Awards entry in a Word doc in case so many of you jump onto the awards portal that it crashes. It’s better to be safe than sorry!
- The deadline for ALL entries is Tuesday 17 April at 5pm (AEST).
- ENTRY IS FREE!
- All entrants and finalists must purchase a ticket if they wish to attend the awards night.
To get you inspired, check out the full list of last year’s award winners along with all the photos from the glitzy and glamorous affair. And if this isn’t enough, we’ve also interviewed a few of last year’s winners – you can read all about them here, here, here, and here.
Early bird tickets for this year’s Women in Travel Awards are on sale now. Click HERE to secure your spot.
An update of the timing and/or format of this year’s Women in Travel Awards will be provided in due course. For any queries, please email Nicolle Lawson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recognising exceptional women in their profession is more than just a night to remember. Enter the Women in Travel Awards today to be part of the movement.