Expedition cruise specialist One Ocean Expeditions has urged for passengers and partners to be patient as it works to restructure the business.
In a statement on its social media channels last Wednesday, One Ocean Expeditions admitted that the past few months have been “extremely challenging” for the company.
“The sudden withdrawal of two of our three vessels earlier this year by their Russian ship owners caused a series of complex circumstances that our team is continuing to address,” the statement read.
“The withdrawal of these ships was an unexpected and destabilising event, and the violation of our contract remains the subject of ongoing legal action.”
While this process proceeds, One Ocean Expeditions said it has worked hard to maintain operations and service “at the standard of excellence for which we have been proud over many years”.
“Unfortunately, the difficult reality is in recent months we have fallen short of these high expectations we set for ourselves as a leader in the expedition cruise industry,” the company said.
“As a result of the contract breach we suffered earlier this year, our company is now in a difficult period of restructuring.
“The last few days have been quite eventful, but please be patient for a few days as we work to restructure our business.”
One Ocean Expeditions said it would be in touch “as soon as possible” regarding its future plans and operations.
A statement from One Ocean Expeditions pic.twitter.com/ShX1ngSU9K
— OneOceanExpeditions (@OneOceanExp) October 29, 2019
The statement comes amid reports that the company is facing claims of failing to pay staff, as well as allegedly struggling to refund passengers and booking companies for a trip to Antarctica that was cancelled just last month.
Based in Canada, One Ocean Expeditions also has offices in Australia, the US and Europe.