Destinations

All the pics from the glamorous Aman Hotels event

We’ve all heard of and daydreamed about the the Aman Hotel in Tokyo.

The five-star hotel situated in centre of the buzzing city, Aman has carved out a reputation as one of Tokyo’s top hotels.

Now, New York City will soon be graced with its own hotel, slated to open in 2020.

The property, located on Manhattan Island, will blend the pulse of the city with the soul of Aman, joining the much-lauded Aman Tokyo as the brand’s second urban destination, and will be Aman’s third US property after Amangiri and Amangani.

Situated in the heart of Manhattan at the crossroads of Fifth Avenue and 57th Street, overlooking Central Park, Aman New York will occupy the iconic Crown Building and will comprise not only guest rooms and suites, but will also house the first urban Aman Residences, a collection of just 20 incomparable private homes, inviting owners to be part of a very select community.

To celebrate the news, Aman hosted a glamorous event, and the room was packed to the brim with journalists, hoteliers, influencers and everything in between.

Check out all the photos from the event here:

Margaret Zhang, Samantha Bennetts, Lucy JonesAMAN_09.11.17_56 AMAN_09.11.17_57 AMAN_09.11.17_59 AMAN_09.11.17_60 AMAN_09.11.17_64 AMAN_09.11.17_65 AMAN_09.11.17_67 AMAN_09.11.17_68 AMAN_09.11.17_69 AMAN_09.11.17_73 AMAN_09.11.17_82 AMAN_09.11.17_84 AMAN_09.11.17_85 AMAN_09.11.17_86 AMAN_09.11.17_87 AMAN_09.11.17_1     AMAN_09.11.17_10 AMAN_09.11.17_16

AMAN_09.11.17_23

AMAN_09.11.17_27

AMAN_09.11.17_34

AMAN_09.11.17_38 AMAN_09.11.17_40 AMAN_09.11.17_41 AMAN_09.11.17_42 AMAN_09.11.17_44 AMAN_09.11.17_45 AMAN_09.11.17_47 AMAN_09.11.17_48

Catherine Marshall

Christina Deeny

Lana Bogunovich, Cathy Wagstaff  AMAN_09.11.17_49 AMAN_09.11.17_50 AMAN_09.11.17_51 AMAN_09.11.17_52 AMAN_09.11.17_53 AMAN_09.11.17_55

SEE WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING

Travel Agents

Big Fat Agent Wrap

by Vanessa Bussoletti

It doesn’t get more jam-packed than this, readers. Unless you count our jam sandwich because that’s overflowing all over our desk.

Share

CommentComments

Tourism

“We’re all getting robbed”: Vic tourism hit by scam

by Hannah Edensor

At least nine Victorian tourist attractions have been hit by a credit card scam. We too were busted for buying clothes under our boss’s name but only to avoid buyers shame in the office.

Share

CommentComments

Hotels

What can you actually take from hotel rooms?

We could tell you this was an exclusive insight into what you can get away with stealing from hotels, but we’d be lying. We nicked it off an online forum.

Share

CommentComments

Aviation

At last, Qantas inflight Wi-Fi takes off

by Hannah Edensor

As 56% of travellers get stoked about Qantas’ inflight Wi-Fi, our concern lies with the other 44% who clearly hate looking at cats on YouTube.

Share

CommentComments

Destinations

Travel warnings for Gallipoli after terror threats

by Hannah Edensor

New updates on Smart Traveller have upgraded warnings for Turkey with news Anzac Day commemorations could be a target of terror attacks.

Share

CommentComments

Travel Agents

Flavour of the Week

Find out who won new roles & who fell on their swords in this week’s Flavour of the Week. Yes, we added that sword bit for effect.

Share

CommentComments

Cruise

Cruising for young travellers is finally here

This first of its kind cruise brand had us at ‘Wine & Paint Classes’ because it combines two of our favourite things. Well, one, we hate painting.

Share

CommentComments

Technology

52% of travellers swayed by Facebook photos: study

All of our Facebook friends’ photos inspired us to travel. And by ‘friends’ we mean the public profiles we stalk because we only have 4 friends.

Share

CommentComments

Tourism

Is your boss the Executive of the Year?

We tried to nominate ourselves for this award, but apparently ignoring the boss and pretending to be your own boss doesn’t actually make you CEO.

Share

CommentComments

Travel Agents

Final week of LAX agent incentive kicks off

We’re re-running this again from Monday (minus the typos). You get déjà vu & we do less work. A win-win, we say.

Share

CommentComments

Destinations

A world of special Sunshine Coast Deals

by Vanessa Bussoletti

Visit Sunshine Coast has partnered with Escape Travel to launch a major new campaign offering a wide range of activities […]

Share

CommentComments

Hotels

Big Fat Hotel Wrap

by Vanessa Bussoletti

If you read one thing today make sure it’s Travel Weekly’s hotel wrap. Actually, your medication instructions and train timetable probably take priority.

Share

CommentComments