The Australian Federation of Travel Agents (AFTA) has launched its National Travel Industry Awards (NTIAs) for 2020.
The 13th annual gala awards will be held on Saturday 18 July 2020 in the Grand Ballroom at the International Convention Centre, Sydney.
Just in case you’ve been living under a rock, the NTIAs seek to recognise and reward excellence across the Australian travel industry through a process of nominating, voting and judging candidates.
“Whilst the award format will remain largely unchanged, AFTA has some truly tremendous surprises in store for industry,” AFTA chief executive Jayson Westbury said.
Qantas will once again be a major sponsor of the awards and continues to hold a platinum partnership with AFTA.
In 2020, judging for finalists will again take place at the Qantas Mascot Campus between Wednesday 10 June and Friday 19 June 2020.
2020 NTIA key dates
- Nominations open: Monday 20 January 2020
- Nominations close: Friday 14 February 2020
- Category nomination submissions due: Friday 13 March 2020 (selected categories)
- Nominees announced: Monday 23 March 2020
- Voting opens: Tuesday 24 March 2020
- Ticket sales open: Monday 27 April 2020
- Finalists announced: Monday 18 May 2020
- Judging period: Wednesday 10 June to Friday 19 June 2020 (judged categories only)
- Gala dinner: Saturday 18 July 2020