New in 2023, Intrepid is launching a specially designed itinerary to discover the local Timorese way of life and undiscovered land.
The new 9-Day Timor-Leste Expedition will be a fully inclusive trip, with provided meals, transportation, accommodation and activities.
Intrepid’s new trip was developed in partnership with Market Development Facility (MDF), a multi-country initiative promoting sustainable economic growth, with the purpose of supporting local communities, expanding the potential of tourism in Southeast Asia and delivering travellers alternative destinations for culturally rich and wildlife-dense adventure travel experiences.
Intrepid’s new 9-Day Timor-Leste Expedition (from $3,495 AUD) will depart for the first time on October 15, 2023. Highlights include:
- Hiking to the summit of Mt Ramelau, Timor-Leste’s tallest mountain, at sunrise.
- Snorkelling from local fishermen’s boats at Atauro Island, a global hotspot for whales and dolphins with the most biodiverse marine protected coral reefs in the world.
- Enjoying a local homestay to experience Timorese hospitality and daily life.
- Discovering the capital of Dili, sampling traditional food, visiting the Tais market to learn about this traditional textile, and learning about the country’s complicated history during several tours and museum and cemetery stops.
- Exploring local coffee farms, plantations and cafes to learn how coffee is produced and understand its importance to local culture.
- Visiting several social enterprises dedicated to supporting and empowering the people of Timor-Leste, including the Alola Foundation, an NGO aiming to improve the lives of women and children by addressing problems relating to education, economic development, maternal and child health, and gender inequality.
Featured Image: Source – Intrepid Travel