Entries are now open for The Travel Awards 2019, and first out of the blocks is Odysseus’ APAC sales director, Dave Upton.
Upton has entered Technology Provider of the Year — a category which showcases the best technology products available to the travel industry in Australia.
“We are great believers in driving efficiencies through innovation,” he said.
This year’s Travel Awards sees the introduction of new category Home-Based Agency of the Year, as well as updated criteria for the Corporate categories.
Here’s the complete list of all fields to be entered:
- Corporate Travel Agency of the Year – 49 employees and under
- Corporate Travel Agency of the Year – 50 employees and over
- Wholesaler of the Year
- Specialist Wholesaler of the Year
- Adventure Wholesaler of the Year
- Marketing Campaign of the Year
- PR Campaign of the Year
- Social Media Campaign of the Year
- Tourism Board of the Year
- Technology Provider of the Year
- Trade Sales Team of the Year
- Destination of the Year
- Luxury Travel Brand of the Year
- River Cruise Line of the Year
- Ocean Cruise Line of the Year
- Expedition Cruise Line of the Year
- Small Ship Cruise Line of the Year
- Business Airline of the Year
- Economy Airline of the Year
- Premium Economy Airline of the Year
- Low Cost Airline of the Year
- Rail Operator of the Year
- Vehicle Rental of the Year
- Hotel Group of the Year
- Hotel of the Year
- Boutique Hotel of the Year – 5 properties and under
- Online Booking Website of the Year
- Travel Insurance Provider of the Year
- Escorted Touring Company of the Year
- Travel Agency of the Year – Over 30 employees
- Travel Agency of the Year – Under 30 employees
- Employer of Choice
- Sustainable Tourism Award
- Social Responsibility Award
- Innovation in Travel
- Home Based Agency of the Year
Entrants are welcome to apply to more than one category, provided their submissions meet our advertised criteria.
We also encourage our reigning champs to re-enter for this year’s event. If you won last year—defend your title! Lay down the gauntlet. Demand satisfaction, etc.
You can submit your Travel Awards entry here.
You can find all the information you’ll ever need on the event at The Travel Awards website.
Click HERE to secure your spot at the awards and take advantage of the early bird ticket special! The dress code for the sit-down-dinner affair is black tie.
Below are the key dates for The Travel Awards 2019…
Entries open: Monday 1 July 2019
Early bird tickets on sale: Monday 1 July 2019
Entry deadline: Friday 30 August 2019 ($99 per entry)
Late entry deadline: Friday 6 September 2019 ($149 per entry)
Finalists announced: Thursday 3 October 2019
Early bird ticket sale deadline: Friday 4 October 2019 at 5PM (AEST)
Full-price tickets on sale: Saturday 5 October 2019 until sold out
Awards night: Friday 29 November 2019 at The Venue Alexandria, Sydney
Best of luck to those entering The Travel Awards 2019, and kudos to all the sponsors for this year’s event, which you can check out below…