With hotter months ahead, announcements of polar sales would have come in the nick of time… if we could afford to take advantage of them.
Peregrine launches Antarctica sale with 50 per cent off select voyages
Peregrine Adventures has launched the ultimate Antarctica sale, with up to 50 per cent off select voyages in 2019 and 2020, when booked before 21 October 2019. Tours offering certain savings include:
The 11-day Antarctic Explorer from Buenos Aires
Highlights of the voyage include spotting birdlife, penguins, whales, and orca. This voyage has multiple landing sites, meaning travellers gain multiple perspectives of Antarctica.
Prices start from $8,350 per person (with a saving of $8,350) in an Upper Deck Twin (obstructed view). The trip departs 5 November 2019.
The 11-day Antarctic Express: Crossing the Antarctic Circle from Punta Arenas
This voyage lets travellers fly across the Drake Passage, then cruise south to the Antarctic Circle, with a team of on-board polar experts who will educate travellers on the local wildlife.
Prices start from $14,050 per person (with a saving of $14,050) in a Lower Deck Twin. The trip departs 18 December 2019.
Antarctic Peninsula, Falkland Islands & South Georgia: From Buenos Aires
This 20-day voyage visits South Georgia, the Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas) and the Antarctic Peninsula. Highlights of the tour include birdwatching in the Falklands and rubbing shoulders with locals in Port Stanley, and visiting the grave of explorer Sir Ernest Shackleton.
Prices start from $14,100 per person (with a saving of $14,100) in an Upper Deck Twin (obstructed view). The trip departs 14 February 2020.
Silversea Cruises unveils inaugural voyages for Silver Dawn
Silversea Cruises has unveiled five new itineraries for Silver Dawn, the 10th ship in the cruise line’s ultra-luxury fleet. The Fincantieri-built, 596-guest vessel will depart Civitavecchia (Rome) on 22 September 2021, spending her inaugural season in the Mediterranean, before crossing to Fort Lauderdale.
As part of Silversea’s new collection of voyages for 2021 and 2021/2022, Silver Dawn’s inaugural season will include the following itineraries:
- Civitavecchia (Rome) to Venice—22 September–1 October 2021
- Venice – Piraeus (Athens)—1 October–13 October 2021
- Piraeus (Athens) to Barcelona— 13 October–23 October 2021
- Barcelona to Lisbon—23 October–2 November 2021; and
- Lisbon to Fort Lauderdale—2 November–15 November 2021.
New expedition leaders announced for Crystal Endeavor’s bold adventures
As the countdown to Crystal Endeavor’s August 2020 launch progresses, Crystal Expedition Cruises has announced two naturalists.
Boris Wise and Eva Molin Westerholm, veteran explorers of the Arctic and Antarctic, have joined the Crystal team as expedition leader and assistant expedition leader, respectively.
The two will work with Crystal experts to build a team of expedition guides relevant to the destinations Crystal Endeavor will explore. Depending on the itinerary, Crystal Endeavor will feature up to 22 expert guides that will include biologists, marine biologists, naturalists, historians, ornithologists, geologist, ecologists and others.
Celebrate Christmas across the globe with Scenic
Scenic’s new The Magical Wonders of Christmas 2020/2021 brochure features a selection of cruises and land tours across some of Scenic’s worldwide destinations, including:
- Christmas Markets and the Rockies—15 days from Calgary to Victoria, departing 26 November 2020, and priced from $8,705 per person twin share
- Christmas Markets with Prague and Paris—21 days from Prague to Paris, departing 15 November 2020, and priced from $12,885 per person twin share
- Treasures of the Mekong—13 days from Siem Reap to Ho Chi Minh City, departing 19 December 2019, and priced from $8,295 per person twin share. Book by 31 January 2020 for flights included to Asia
- Antarctica in Depth—12 days round trip from Buenos Aires, departing 26 December 2020, and priced from $19,985 per person twin share. Celebrate New Year’s Eve in Antarctica
- Jewels of Jordan and Egypt—21 days Cairo to Amman, departing 6 January 2020, and priced from $17,860 per person. Book by 28 February 2020 and receive flights included.
The Magical Wonders of Christmas 2020/2021 brochure is out now.
Scenic is also inviting guests to take a culinary journey on board Scenic Eclipse.
As executive chef, Tom Goetter has set himself the challenge to reinvent dining on the high seas, and that means ensuring his guests can enjoy an ever-changing selection of flavours throughout their cruise.
“We have a total of 2500 recipes across our eight restaurants,” Goetter says. “You would need to be on board for one and a half months to eat every dish.”
Dining on board Scenic Eclipse is a global culinary journey with 14 different nations represented in the kitchens and 10 unique dining experiences ranging from causal to fine dining and inspired by all corners of the globe.
First look at Uniworld’s new super ship: S.S. São Gabriel
Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection has released a sneak peek of the interior of new super ship S.S. São Gabriel, set to debut in Portugal on 9 April 2020.
One of four super ships launching next year as part of the brand’s continued elevation, the brand-new S.S. São Gabriel will join three others for the 2020 sailing season: S.S. Sphinx, Mekong Jewel, and S.S. La Venezia.
Viking reveals six new river and ocean combination cruise departures
Viking has launched six new 2021 departures of its popular river and ocean combination cruises, offering an opportunity to explore Europe’s rivers on a Viking Longship, then transferring to one of Viking’s ocean ships to discover Scandinavia.
The two available combinations include:
- 22-day Grand European & Viking Fjords—from Budapest to Bergen or vice versa, this cruise is combination of Viking’s 15-day Grand European Tour (river) from Budapest to Amsterdam and the 8-day Viking Shores & Fjords (ocean) from Amsterdam to Bergen. Priced from $13,890 per person, including free return economy airfares for both travellers, it departs 9 May 2021.
- 15-day Rhine & Viking Shores & Fjords—from Basel to Bergen or vice versa, this cruise is a combination of the 8-day Rhine Getaway (river) from Basel to Amsterdam and the 8-day Viking Shores & Fjords (ocean) from Amsterdam to Bergen. Priced from $10,490 per person, including free economy flights for one traveller, while the other can fly return to Europe for $1,895 per person; it departs 3 August 2021.
Regent Seven Seas Cruises announces experiences curated for all 2020 Alaskan sailings
Curated specifically for Regent guests, the cruise line’s new Inside Alaska | Luxury Goes Exploring programming features exclusive engagements for guests to expand their Alaskan knowledge.
Glean knowledge from Regent’s Alaskan cultural anthropologist Terry Breen, geologist Steven Okulewiz, marine biologist David Plourd, and geologist Gregory Wheeler.
Hear from heritage and culture experts, including Lily Hope, a Juneau native and part of the Tlingit tribe, of the Raven moiety; Amelia Wilson, the vice mayor of Hoonah, Alaska; and Richard and Janice Jackson, who are experts in their Tongass Tlingit ancestries.
Royal Caribbean reveals homeport and name of fifth Oasis Class ship
Royal Caribbean president and CEO Michael Bayley has revealed the next ship to join the cruise line’s innovative line-up will be named Wonder of the Seas and set sail from Shanghai, China. The details were revealed by at a global cruise industry conference event held in Shanghai.
Slated for a highly anticipated debut in 2021, the world’s largest cruise ship will introduce a new era of cruising as the first of the renowned Oasis Class to sail the Asia Pacific.
Carnival awarded ‘Best Family Cruise Line’
Carnival Cruise Line has been awarded the title of ‘Best Family Cruise Line’ in Out & About With Kids’ annual Readers’ Choice Awards 2019.
With over 120,000 votes cast by readers of Out & About With Kids across 44 categories, the award is a testament to Carnival’s commitment in providing families fun, memorable holidays at a great value, the cruise line said.
“Carnival Spirit is already an Aussie favourite and we can’t wait for our guests to experience what else we have in store when Carnival Splendor sails out of Sydney from December,” Jennifer Vandekreeke, vice president and general manager, Carnival Cruise Line Australia, said.
Ponant and National Geographic promo nears end date
Eco-friendly suitcases are on offer for your clients on every new ‘PONANT & NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC’ 2021 Kimberley booking made before 1 November 2019.
All new clients booked and deposited on any of the three PONANT & NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC Kimberley 2021 cruises will receive eco-friendly luggage, including a 74-centimetre and 55-centimetre Destination ‘Wheelaboard’ travel suitcase.
The offer is limited to travel on three departure dates:
- Darwin to Darwin, 12 nights, departing 6 August 2021
- Darwin to Darwin, 12 nights, departing 29 August 2021
- Broome to Darwin, 13 nights, departing 17 September 2021.