Keith Prowse unveils travel portal

Keith Prowse unveils travel portal
By admin


Keith Prowse has partnered with online reservation firm Innstant Group to launch a centralised ticket and travel portal which it claims can boost agent profits by a third.

It will enable travel agents to book a range of product including tickets, hotels, car hire and low cost airlines, with scheduled carriers and cruise to be added in the third quarter.

Dynamic packaging functionality will be available towards the end of the year.

Managing director John Godwin claimed travel agents currently account for 60% of a client’s overall holiday expenditure. Although half of the remaining 40% is spent on food and beverages, the remaining 20% is generally spent on entertainment.

“We are increasing sales opportunities for travel agents with them able to increase their profits by 30% by selling entertainment,” Godwin said. “I’d be surprised if we didn’t sell $1 million worth of tickets within the first year.”

The portal also enables agents to book instantly with more than 150,000 hotels with live price comparisons with 54 other booking engines with last minute availability.

“We will undercut the competition in most cases,” he said.

Content will be sourced directly from the properties rather than via a third party. Agents can decide on their own mark up.

Corporate travel management firms are a major focus with the new product offering a 30 minute “white label conversion” that agents can offer to their corporate clients, according to Godwin.

Meanwhile, Innstant chief executive Darryl Ismail said the platform was still evolving. It currently features fares from more than 600 low cost airlines, but will offer those from scheduled airlines from the third quarter.

Cruise will also be introduced, with Ismail promising a four step booking system as opposed to the regular 12 or 15 step system.

Hotel inventory will also continue to expand.

“We expects to have more than 200,000 hotels online within 12 months,” he said.

The product will be rolled out to New Zealand and Asia by the end of the year with the firm currently in discussions with its first major client.

Email the Travel Weekly team at traveldesk@travelweekly.com.au

technology

Latest News

  • Destinations
  • News

APT Launches 2025 Asia Adventures

APT has launched its Asia Adventures for 2025, including new luxury holidays in India, Sri Lanka and Japan. Five new tours lead guests to the highlights of India, including a seven-night cruise along the rarely travelled Lower Ganges aboard the Ganges Voyager. Further south, Sri Lanka’s greatest destinations are revealed on a new 15-day Land […]

  • Cruise
  • Luxury
  • News

Seabourn announces Western Kimberley Traditional Owners as Godparents of Seabourn Pursuit

Seabourn has named Western Kimberley Traditional Owners, the Wunambal Gaambera, as Godparents of the ultra-luxury purpose-built Seabourn Pursuit. It is the first cruise line to appoint Traditional Owners as godparents of a ship. Seabourn Pursuit embarks on its inaugural season in the Kimberley region this June. The naming ceremony will take place on Seabourn Pursuit’s […]

  • Luxury

Malolo Island Resort opens brand new Spa

Fiji’s Malolo Island has added another string to its bow – opening its $1.3 million day spa on Thursday, 18th April 2024. (Lead Image: matriarch Rosie Whitton with spa staff) Located at the edge of the resort’s luscious patch of tropical rainforest, the new “Leilani’s Spa” adds another level of elevated experiences to Malolo’s already […]