Business Development Executive
Yankee Leisure Group offers a wide portfolio of travel experiences to the most sought after destinations throughout the world. Our mission is to deliver outstanding service, amazing value and unmatched travel experiences for all of our guests. Today, we operate three travel brands: Yankee Holidays, Amtrak Vacations, and Railbookers. We are proud to be the largest independent rail vacation provider to the US, Canada and Europe.
The Inside Business Development Executive will be responsible for assisting in the marketing, promotion and selling of Railbookers/Amtrak Vacations. The BDE will be; calling agent partners, conducting online presentations, responding in a timely manner to sales &/or customer care inquires, generating interest, and helping our Travel Agent partners close sales. This is a high volume, outbound dialing, sales environment where minimum quotas are established and must be achieved consistently. This position will also take overflow calls from the Inside Sales Team.
This position operates as part of a team and reports to Head of Sales and Marketing.
Duties and responsibilities
- Outbound calls daily to travel agents to; build, maintain & grow relationships and increase overall sales within the trade.
- Promotes sales to travel agents by initiating calls, acting on leads and/or prospects in order to identify travel needs, present/explain Rail products and make travel recommendations.
- Execute travel agent partner (and consumer) online training presentations (webinar) for Railbookers/Amtrak Vacations.
- Ensures that our travel agent partners are kept up to date with the latest brand information including; itineraries, brochures, product enhancements and promotions.
- Help create a positive perception of Railbookers/Amtrak Vacations to travel agent partners by providing excellent service, education and consistent communication.
- Acquires in depth industry and company knowledge in order to articulate rail product features, benefits, pricing and make recommendations to include promotions, itineraries, and auxiliary products.
- Effectively report on opportunities and partner reporting/conferences/marketing and meetings with our retail partners.
- Attends travel and partners shows as needed.
- Perform other job related functions as assigned.
- This role is office based in Sydney with minimum travel required.
- Minimum one year of Inside sales outbound calling or call center experience; min of 2 years preferred.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills. Must be able to multi-task and work in a high energy sales environment that is goal/quota driven.
- Must have excellent verbal communication skills, in order to effectively communicate with agent partners on the telephone and internally.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, meet deadlines and reach KPI’s.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Tourism Industry sales a plus, but not essential.
How to apply:
Send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org