Christmas is a time to give. So, send someone special the gift of travel this festive season, courtesy of some amazing deals from a few fair dinkum tour companies.
Get up to 25 per cent off on G Adventures trips
For those travellers looking to start the new decade with the gift of travel, G Adventures is offering discounts of up to 25 percent on some of its greatest adventures.
The ‘Great Adventure Sale’ features more hundreds of itineraries and will run from 12.01am on 25 December through to 11.59pm on 31 January 2020 for trips departing before 31 October 2020.
Destinations with the deepest discount of 25 percent include Madagascar and China, with 20 per cent savings on itineraries in Italy, Tanzania and Iceland. Sample itineraries include:
- Northern Madagascar Explorer – Save 25 per cent on an eight-day trip from Antsirinana to Nosy Be. This tour is now priced at $1,387 per person
- Classic Xi’an to Beijing Adventure – Save 25 per cent on an eight-day trip from Xi’an to Beijing. This tour is now priced at $974 per person
- Wellness Italy – Save 20 per cent on a seven-day trip from Rome to Florence. This tour is now priced at $2,239 per person
- Kilimanjaro Trek (Machame Route) – Save 20 per cent on a nine-day trip from Moshi return. This tour is now priced at $3,295
- Wellness Iceland – Save 20 per cent on a seven-day trip from Reykjavík return. This tour is now priced at $3,039 per person.
Contiki drops end-of-year deals on trips worldwide
Contiki is offering deals of up to 25 per cent off select trips worldwide.
Starting on Boxing Day until 6 January 2020, travellers can save more than $2500 on their next adventure.
From cruising through African safari parks to sailing through Croatian islands, it’s time to unlock these unforgettable experiences and book a deal now.
- Explore the best of the Balkans, including the greatest coastlines Greece has to offer and more, with up to 25 per cent off trips in Europe
- Explore the Outback or visit your Kiwi neighbours with 20 per cent off trips in Australia and New Zealand
- Explore Asia’s most unique destinations including, Koh Pha-Ngan, Kyoto, Sapa or Chang Mai, with up to 20 per cent off tours of Asia
- Go on a USA road trip, with 15 per cent off USA and Canada trips
- Escape to the African wilderness with 10 per cent off trips in Africa.
Book a European summer journey with Insight Vacations and fly $899 return
Insight Vacations is encouraging guests to extend their summer to the Northern Hemisphere and take advantage of its $899 return air offer (including taxes) on all 2020 Europe and Britain itineraries.
Available for a limited time or until sold out, Insight’s 2020 collection includes over 70 itineraries across different travel styles, with diverse experiences.
Europe on a budget: where to go for less than $1,000
UTracks has unveiled seven active breaks for 2020 that will not break the bank, from Portugal to the Balkans, the rainbow-painted Cinque Terre villages to Cappadocia’s lunar scenery, among others.
Here are seven of the tour company’s best itineraries that will set you back less than $1,000 per person:
- The Fishermen’s Trail – Rota Vicentina with UTracks (7 days). This tour departs January–November, from $890 per person
- Camino Sanabrés to Santiago with UTracks (7 days). This tour departs April–October, from $950 per person
- Normandy Coastal Walk with UTracks (5 days). This tour departs April–October, from $940 per person
- Cycle Linz to Vienna with UTracks (5 days). This tour departs April–October, from $970 per adult/$330 per child
- Cinque Terre Walk with UTracks (7 days). This tour departs March–November, from $870 per adult/$480 per child; exclusion dates apply
- Balkan Mountains Walk with UTracks (8 days). This tour departs May-October, from $930 per person
- Cappadocia on Foot with UTracks (5 days). This tour departs March–November, from $770 per person.
Furthermore, for bookings made between 20 December 2019 and 5 January 2020 on travel between 21 March and 11 April, and October 2020, guests will enjoy a higher grade cabin free of charge on UTracks’ ‘Lyon and Provence Bike and Boat’ journey.
This popular eight-day self-guided trip (from $3390 per person) follows one of France’s historic trading routes, the Rhône River – a river dotted with castles, cathedrals, Roman ruins, vineyards and orchards.
Guests can cycle along the Rhône cycle route and return to relax on the river boat MS Provence each afternoon.
Save up to 30 per cent on a Ponant cruise
Sales are open for new 2021 departures exploring the Mediterranean, Northern Europe, Iceland and the Atlantic. These fares include the highest level of savings – up to 30 per cent off – while selected departures have no single supplement.
Book any Ponant sailing with Creative Cruising and receive:
- 2 per cent extra bonus commission; and
- 150 euros on-board credit per stateroom for your client.
This offer ends 19 Dec 2019, and is valid for all Ponant bookings deposited between 21 Nov–19 Dec 2019.
Featured image: Iceland Vik Seljaldsfoss Waterfall group (G Adventures)