Wendy Wu has announced the launch of a bespoke new range of trips catering to the solo travel market.
If you haven’t been living under a rock, you’ll have noticed that solo travel is growing in a big way.
In fact, Google Trends shows that searches for solo travel has grown by around 40 per cent between 2015 and 2017.
According to Wendy Wu, 65 per cent of their guests already travel solo, which is what prompted their product development experts to develop the range.
The group’s CEO Joe Karbo said the new tours have been created entirely for the specific needs of solo travellers.
“The tours were only made available to book a fortnight ago, and already we’ve seen a huge uptake in bookings, with Japan proving the most popular destination so far,” he said.
“We’re excited to offer this new opportunity to our travel agents, to grow their business in this particular demographic.”
Six new tours, ranging from 10-15 days have been created for this market, with touring itineraries available to Vietnam, China, India, Cambodia or Japan.
The trips also include lots of flexible free time, to cater for the specific needs of the solo traveller, allowing you the space to find your own dining options, or explore on your own, or with your new-found friends.
Each trip includes:
1. No Single supplement: See the diversity of Asia and pay no single supplement on any solo tour.
2. A Guaranteed Private Room: Relax in your own private room every night, guaranteed, whatever accommodation style is on your itinerary.
3. Likeminded travellers: These tours are exclusive to guests travelling solo, ensuring that your tour is filled with like-minded and sociable people, with similar value to your own.
4. Flexibility: The tours have been designed with built-in flexibility, giving travellers plenty of opportunities to mingle with other guests but also explore destinations on your own time.
Here’s a rundown of four of the new trips:
Charming China: 14 day Solo Tour
• Discover the Forbidden City
• Get up close with the Terracotta Warriors in Xian
• See Cormorant Fisherman in Yangshuo
• Cruise along the Li River
• Walk along the Bund in buzzing Shanghai
Highlights of Japan: 12 day Solo Tour
• Uncover the hidden treasures of Himeji and Koyasan
• View magnificent Mt Fuji
• Stroll through Nara Park, and see resident Sika Deer
• Experience a traditional tea ceremony
• Take a boat cruise on Lake Ashi
An Indian Experience: 10 day Solo Tour
• See the magnificent Taj Mahal at sunrise
• Enjoy a rickshaw ride through Old Delhi
• Track down a tiger in Ranthambore National park
• Admire the magnificent Chand Baori stepwell
• Try your hand at traditional block printing and carpet weaving in Jaipur
Vietnam & Cambodia Experience: 15 day Solo Tour
• Sample traditional Vietnamese Egg Coffee and “bun thang” in Hanoi
• Take part in Tai Chi on Halong Bay
• Join a local family for lunch and a cooking demonstration in Hoi An
• Take a sampan through the canals of the Mekong Delta and visit a floating fishing village
• Take a cyclo tour through Phnom Penh, and explore the Temples of Angkor by Tuk Tuk