Passengers on a China Southern Airlines flight from Guangzhou to Shanghai were forced to evacuate when a bag burst into flames.
The bag, which was stored in the overhead compartment, randomly caught fire and then began to fill the cabin with smoke.
Footage of the incident has emerged, and in it, passengers can be heard screaming while flight attendants attempt to put out the blaze with water and juice.
Finally, attendants were able to put the flame out, before it spread any further throughout the cabin.
The bag’s owner has been questioned by the police, and according to Fox News, the cause of the fire was a lithium-ion battery.
It took three hours to put the blaze out.
Check out the footage of the incident here:
Power bank fire on board China Southern CZ3539, Feb 25 2018.?? pic.twitter.com/cby6E62qRv
— ChinaAviationReview (@ChinaAvReview) February 25, 2018