Virgin Australia has launched a national sale with one-way business class fares from as low as $279 and one-way economy fares from $67, across 52 domestic destinations.
The sale, ending midnight Monday, 29 March or until sold-out, coincides with the launch of Virgin Australia’s new business class menu this Thursday, 25 March.
It also comes in addition to the federal government’s announcement of 800,000 half-price fares on sale from 1 April.
“Virgin Australia is committed to offering Australians irresistible airfares, and this sale is an example of how we are trying to help support the tourism economy, with 52 routes across the country on sale for the next week and fares from just $67,” a Virgin Australia group spokesperson said.
The spokesperson added that, following the separate announcement of 800,000 half price fares by the federal government on the 11 March and Virgin’s subsequent Friday flash sale, flight searches on virginaustralia.com increased 523 per cent.
In addition, bookings jumped almost 157 per cent for the day, making it the highest search volume day, and highest booking day since pre-COVID.
“Travellers also know what they get when they fly with Virgin Australia and so we’ll continue to offer free baggage, seat selection and Velocity Frequent Flyer points and status credits with every booking,” the spokesperson said.
On-sale one-way business class routes:
- Melbourne – Sydney from $279
- Gold Coast – Sydney from $279
- Adelaide – Melbourne from $279
- Brisbane – Sydney from $329
- Melbourne – Gold Coast from $329
- Adelaide – Sydney from $399
- Brisbane – Hamilton Island from $449
- Sunshine Coast – Melbourne from $449
- Brisbane – Perth from $849
- Melbourne – Perth from $849.
On-sale one-way economy class routes:
- Sydney – Gold Coast from $67
- Melbourne – Adelaide from $67
- Launceston – Melbourne from $79
- Hobart – Melbourne from $89
- Perth – Sydney from $189
- Canberra – Brisbane from $135
- Darwin – Brisbane from $179.
Virgin sale fares are available for select travel dates and destinations from 21 April 2021 to 15 December 2021, with all Virgin Australia fares including baggage, seat selection, Velocity Frequent Flyer points and status credits.
Featured image source: iStock/Boeing746