TripAdvisor has been rustling some feathers in its latest awards list, dedicated to the World’s Best Beaches.
Did we say rustling some feathers?
We mean spraying sand on everyone around them.
‘But it’s just beaches, surely everyone can agree on a good beach,‘ you say.
Well, the list might surprise you as well.
While the winning beach is nothing short of screensaver-worthy, it’s a little down the list which has people confused.
But before we get stuck into the controversy, credit where credit’s due, so let’s reveal the top 10 beaches:
1. Grace Bay – Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
2. Baia do Sancho – Fernando de Noronha, Brazil
3. Varadero Beach – Varadero, Cuba
4. Eagle Beach – Palm – Eagle Beach, Aruba
5. Seven Mile Beach – Seven Mile Beach, Cayman Islands
6. La Concha Beach – San Sebastian – Donostia, Spain
7. Clearwater Beach – Clearwater, Florida
8. Seven Mile Beach – Negril, Jamaica
9. Bavaro Beach – Bavaro, Dominican Republic
10. Playa Norte – Isla Mujeres, Mexico
So now that that’s out of the way, let’s get down to the nitty-gritty of the list.
Ok, it’s not so much the nitty-gritty as it is one rant about the placement of Manly at number 16 on list, two spots behind the UK’s Bournemouth Beach.
Now, we’re not going to get into Manly being the top Aussie beach, because we could rant about that for an entire story.
No, it’s our loss to this beach:
Over this one:
There’s no point in taking this rant any further.
We’re not mad, we’re just really disappointed.