TripAdvisor today announced the top 10 most booked tours in Australia, based on TripAdvisor Attractions data for 2016.
The data reveals the most popular attractions with the greatest increase in traveller interest (based on bookings made since January 2016 to date), offering inspiration on things to do and highlighting amazing activities and tours that are bookable on TripAdvisor.
“Travellers look to tours like these for a more in-depth experience as they can see and learn more of a place than they would if they were exploring on their own,” said Janice Lee Fang, Asia Pacific Communications Director for TripAdvisor.
“These bookable experiences can enhance the experience of iconic sights for travellers so they can make the most of their trips when they are in Australia.”
Check out the top 10 most booked tours here:
- Sydney and Bondi Hop-on Hop-off Tour, Sydney (bookable on TripAdvisor with low price guarantee of $50.00)
Travellers can experience a hop-on hop-off sightseeing tour by double-decker bus. Travellers can expect unobstructed views and recorded on board commentary between 34 stops, including top destinations such as Sydney Harbour Bridge, Sydney Opera House, Darling Harbour and Bondi Beach.
- Great Ocean Road Small-Grkoup Eco-Tour from Melbourne, Melbourne (bookable on TripAdvisor with low price guarantee of $130.00)
Travellers can enjoy a full day exploring the natural wonders of Australia’s Great Ocean Road, starting from Melbourne. Highlights include taking a walk at Kennett River, one of the best places to spot koalas in the wild or admiring rock formations including the Twelve Apostles at Port Campbell National Park.
- Sydney Bridge Climb, Sydney (bookable on TripAdvisor with low price guarantee of $158.00)
Travellers can climb the Sydney Harbour Bridge with an experienced guide to admire spectacular views from a height of 134 meters of Sydney Harbour, the Sydney Opera House, the Blue Mountains and more.
- Sydney Opera House Guided Walking Tour, Sydney (bookable on TripAdvisor with low price guarantee of $37.00)
Travellers can enjoy a one-hour behind-the-scenes tour of the Sydney Opera House with a knowledgeable guide who will share fun facts about the opera house’s history, architecture and the thousands of performances that have taken place there since it opened in 1973.
- Yarra Valley Wine and Winery Tour from Melbourne, Melbourne (bookable on TripAdvisor with low price guarantee of $130.00)
Travellers can experience the delights of Victoria’s wine country on this Yarra Valley wine tour from Melbourne.
- Great Barrier Reef Diving and Snorkelling Cruise from Cairns, Cairns (bookable on TripAdvisor with low price guarantee of $155.00)
Travellers can experience a full day diving and snorkelling tour of the Great Barrier Reef, with an optional helicopter sightseeing flight from Cairns.
Travellers will have five hours total on the barrier reef exploring the waters away from the crowds followed by a delicious on board buffet lunch of Australian barbecue items.
- Blue Mountains Nature and Wildlife Day Tour from Sydney, Sydney (bookable on TripAdvisor with low price guarantee of $100.75)
Travellers can escape Sydney’s urban bustle for a day to explore the World-Heritage listed wilderness of the Blue Mountains.
The tour includes a scenic drive along the winding Cliff Drive into the Blue Mountains National Park, panoramic views over the Megalong Valley as well as visits to the quaint mountain villages of Leura and Katoomba.
- 2-Day Combo: Sydney City Tour, Sydney Harbour Lunch Cruise and Blue Mountains Day Trip, Sydney (bookable on TripAdvisor with low price guarantee of $263.00)
Travellers can experience the best of Sydney and the Blue Mountains over two day tours. The tours include a full day of sightseeing in Sydney exploring the city on a coach tour, followed by a Sydney Harbour lunch cruise to get out on the water.
Travellers also are able to visit the World Heritage-listed Blue Mountains, including Scenic World, Featherdale Wildlife Park, Echo Point and Three Sisters.
- Phillip Island: Penguins, Koalas and Kangaroos Day Tour from Melbourne, Melbourne (bookable on TripAdvisor with low price guarantee of $165.00)
Travellers can observe some of Australia’s most popular native wildlife on this day trip from Melbourne to Phillip Island that includes a stop at Maru Koala and Animal Park, where travellers can interact with koalas and kangaroos.
Other highlights include watching the nightly Penguin Parade at Summerland Beach and visiting the Nobbies rock formations, home to Australia’s largest population of fur seals.
- Green Island Day Trip from Cairns, Cairns (bookable on TripAdvisor with low price guarantee of $94.00)
Travellers can explore the Great Barrier Reef and a lush island rain forest on this full-day catamaran tour to Green Island from Cairns. Activities include snorkelling, scuba diving, sea walking, nature walks and tours on a glass-bottom boat or semi-submarine.
A great tour to discover the underwater wonders of the world’s most famous reef.