The results are in, folks! TripAdvisor has announced the winners of its Seasonal Experiences Trend Index, revealing the most popular attractions based on year-over-year booking activity on the site.
The index has revealed the top 10 tours and activities in Australia with the biggest increase in traveller bookings over the last year.
The results are determined based on the per cent increase in bookings on TripAdvisor between 2017 and 2018 for experiences from May 1 – August 31. Experiences were required to have at least four out of five bubbles on TripAdvisor Experiences to qualify.
Anyway, here’s the top ten.
1. Kakadu, Nourlangie and Yellow Waters Tour from Darwin – Northern Territory (increase: 213 per cent)
2. Katherine Day Tour from Darwin including Katherine Gorge Cruise – Northern Territory (increase: 115 per cent)
3. Uluru Camel Express, Sunrise, or Sunset Tours – Northern Territory (increase: 110 per cent)
4. Phillip Island Penguin, Brighton Beach, Moonlit Sanctuary from Melbourne – Victoria (increase: 93.5 per cent)
5. Great Barrier Reef Diving and Snorkeling Cruise from Cairns – Queensland (increase: 80.3 per cent)
6. Full-Day Great Ocean Road and 12 Apostles Sunset Tour from Melbourne – Victoria (increase: 55 per cent)
7. Colonial Tramcar Restaurant Tour of Melbourne – Victoria (increase: 53 per cent)
8. Small-Group Litchfield National Park Day Trip from Darwin – Northern Territory (increase: 51 per cent)
9. Great Ocean Road Small-Group Ecotour from Melbourne –Victoria (increase: 47 per cent)
10. All Inclusive Blue Mountains Small-Group Day Trip from Sydney – New South Wales (increase: 37.5 per cent)