Royal Caribbean Group has once again extended its cruise pause for Australia and New Zealand, this time naming 31 December as its possible return to sailing date.
The group said the extension was in line with the Australian government’s recent decision to extend the suspension of cruise tourism in the region.
Last week, the minister for health Greg Hunt announced on Thursday that the human biosecurity emergency period under the Biosecurity Act 2015 has been extended by three months.
The emergency period, which has been in place since 18 March 2020, will now run until at least until 17 December 2020.
The group, including Royal Caribbean International and Celebrity Cruises, previously updated its pause until 31 October.
“Our primary goal continues to be a healthy return to service for our guests, crew and the communities we visit,” the group said in a statement.
“Therefore, in alignment with the Australian government’s recent decision to extend the suspension of cruise tourism in the region, Royal Caribbean International and Celebrity Cruises will be suspending all sailings departing from Australia and New Zealand on or before December 31, 2020.
“We will be reaching out to our guests and travel partners to share further details and address any questions or concerns they may have.”
Featured image source: iStock/Julien Viry