Marriott have added more than 100,000 worldwide experiences following its investment in PlacePass.
Marriott International has invested in PlacePass, provider of travel technology solutions that offer travellers an online search platform for in-destination experiences.
Global travellers will soon be able to choose from an additional 100,000 plus authentic local experiences in 800 destinations worldwide when they book direct on Marriott.com or SPG.com or their respective apps.
In conjunction with the investment in PlacePass, Marriott announced that membership in its loyalty programs – Marriott Rewards, which includes The Ritz-Carlton Rewards, and Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) – has surpassed 100 million members.
“The addition of PlacePass activities and tours beginning later this year reflects Marriott’s commitment to giving our guests a complete travel experience, whether they are in planning mode, staying in our hotels and even in-between stays when they’re thinking about travel,” said Global Chief Commercial Officer, Marriott International, Stephanie Linnartz.
Some of the more exciting opportunities will be:
- Explore the filming locations for the hit series “Downton Abbey” on a VIP guided tour from London, including Highclere Castle and Bampton, the setting for Downton village.
- Wrestle with a retired sumo wrestler in Tokyo, and get a behind-the-scenes look at the history of Japan’s national sport.
- Get a taste of desert life in the dunes outside Dubai. Explore the dunes by camel or 4×4, then enjoy a sunset view of the desert and traditional Bedouin-style dinner
- Explore Cambodia’s iconic temples on a sunrise mountain biking tour through the Angkor Archaeological Park.
- Enjoy a private viewing of the crown jewels in the Tower of London, hosted by the museum’s Chief Exhibitor.
- Perfect your pasta-making skills alongside a local Italian chef at a Tuscan farmhouse, a chateau in the Dolomites, or a Florentine cooking school.
Travellers can go to members.marriott.com to learn more about what’s in store and the types of experiences Marriott will offer with PlacePass, as well as the personalised experiences already available to travellers through its loyalty programs.