Jackson Hole is just emerging from its heaviest snowfall year of its 51 year history, clocking up more than 14 metres of snow, and to celebrate, Kent Elliott from Jackson Hole Chamber of Commerce has led a six-strong trade mission of properties and tour operators to Australia.
Representatives from Jackson Hole Mountain Resort, Jackson Hole Resort Lodging, Hotel Terra, Scenic Safaris, Springhill Suites by Marriott and Teton Mountain Lodge and Spa have visited Melbourne and Sydney.
Here is some of their best sales advice for agents:
- Ski season is pumping, with 90 per cent of arrivals into Jackson Hole in winter for snow and ski pursuits.
- Jackson Hole is the only commercial airport in a national park in the United States. Tell clients to choose the right side of the plane when flying into Jackson Hole for the best view of Yellowstone and Teton. While it’s a small airport, a recent injection of close to 100 million dollars has improved efficiencies and service for passengers.
- Visit the National Elk refuge, one of its kind in the States, “Then at dinner you go and have elk,” Elliott said. There’s also a sleigh ride for travellers.
- Kids ski and rent free except for school holiday periods, so check the dates for a more affordable family ski holiday. It applies to children 14 and under when accompanied by a paying adult.
- There is a “buy seven get 10” lift ticket special with Australian tour operators who collaborate with Jackson Hole Mountain Resort.
- Jackson Hole Mountain Resort will build a Solitude Station for teaching and training beginner skiers and families, located at the mid-station point of the Sweetwater Gondola.