Travel Agents

Flight Centre takes full control of premium leisure and corporate travel agency

Flight Centre Travel Group has announced it has acquired 100 per cent ownership of Canadian travel agency Les Voyages Laurier du Vallon (LDV).

After acquiring a 75 per cent interest of LDV in August 2017, Flight Centre today revealed to shareholders that it has formally acquired the remaining 25 per cent in the Quebec-based business, which specialises in premium leisure and corporate travel.

Flight Centre managing director Graham “Skroo” Turner said LDV had become an important part of the company’s growth in the Americas over the last two years.

TDAZE_SurpriseEgg
What’s inside the egg? Click HERE to find out.

“LDV has proven to be a valuable addition to our network in the Americas and we are pleased to take 100 per cent ownership of the business,” he said.

“In addition to delivering solid earnings growth over the past two years, its corporate travel presence has enhanced our already strong customer offering across Canada and throughout North America in general.

“In leisure travel, LDV’s premium offering, which is similar to the highly successful Travel Associates model we use in some other countries, has complemented the Flight Centre branded offering in Canada and allowed us to target a broader customer base in this fairly large market.”

The terms of the acquisition have not been disclosed.

Flight Centre’s takeover of LDV follows its move to merge two of its recently-acquired DMCs and its full acquisition of European corporate travel business 3Mundi last month.

SEE WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING

Leave a Reply

Cruise

Cruise Wrap: Azamara’s cruise picks for 2019 to 2021, Scenic Eclipse guests get lucky in Antarctica + MORE!

We wrote the Cruise Wrap with our eyes closed today, on account of a slew of wonderful, FOMO-inducing announcements. We’d recommend reading with your eyes open, though. 

Share

CommentComments

Road & Rail

New luxury Australian train service launches

by Christian Fleetwood

Here’s hoping the train’s stopover in Coffs Harbour comes with a photo opp of The Big Banana.

Share

CommentComments

Tourism

Rapid tourism development blamed for Bali’s dwindling water supply

by Christian Fleetwood

Unsustainable tourism practices are being blamed for a shortage of freshwater in Bali, as Indonesia awaits an overdue wet season.

Share

CommentComments

Hotels

Accor invites industry to support ‘Uluru Statement from the Heart’

Australia’s largest hotel and resort operator is calling on the industry to come together to demand Indigenous voices be represented in the constitution.

Share

CommentComments

Events

Tourism

NTIAs 2020 launch: everything you need to know

Time to start practising your acceptance speeches and perfecting your media wall poses, because the 2020 NTIAs have just launched!

Share

CommentComments

Cruise

White Island update: death toll rises, Ovation of the seas leaves port

More people have now been confirmed dead and eight are missing in the aftermath of a devastating volcanic eruption on New Zealand’s White Island. 

Share

CommentComments

Aviation

Jetstar cancels 90 flights over pilot strike as smoke causes havoc at Sydney Airport

by Ali Coulton

Travellers booked with Jetstar would be well advised to double-check their flights following this big announcement.

Share

CommentComments

Midweek Interview

Midweek Interview with Turtle Island’s Racheli Evanson

This week, we went one on one with Turtle Island’s marketing director. But that’s not to say we engaged in a physical fight or dance-off with her.

Share

CommentComments

Aviation

Airline launches record label as it eyes entry to events industry

You’ve gotta hand it to the team at AirAsia. They sure know how to diversify their product line-up.

Share

CommentComments

Travel Agents

Flight Centre restructures leadership team, appoints two global CEOs (and a new Aussie MD)

Flight Centre has just dropped some HUGE news about its executive team. Find out who’s moving where here.

Share

CommentComments

Technology

“That middle-man model needs to evolve”: Troovo CEO says blockchain can solve inefficiencies

by Christian Fleetwood

It’s a technology that boasts a quarter-trillion-dollar industry gradually growing in importance, but why should the travel sector join the blockchain craze? All is explained here.

Share

CommentComments

Technology

Why the travel industry needs to take cybersecurity seriously

by Ali Coulton

Cybersecurity isn’t the sexiest topic, but it can have massive implications for your business, your brand and, of course, yourself. Here’s what you can do to counter data theft.

Share

CommentComments