No matter what your taste, everyone can agree: food is among the main reasons we travel.
Foodie travel has taken off in a big way, with research showing that foodie tours were the fastest-growing travel experience of the past year.
What many travellers don’t know is that there are myriad exciting foodie experiences in our own backyard for your clients to soak up.
Domestic travel is a fantastic way to immerse travellers in the colours, sounds and scents of Australian culture, not to mention the cost benefits and lighter carbon footprint.
The Aussie travel-savvy folk over at Inspiring Journeys have just released a new itinerary centred around all the delicious flavours of South Australia – Australia’s hidden foodie capital.
Food and wine lovers will rejoice at the chance for the perfect long weekend getaway eating and drinking their way through Adelaide, Barossa Valley, Adelaide Hills and McLaren Vale where they will be treated to private cooking demonstrations, local specialities, behind the scenes tours all while indulging in regional, seasonal and sustainable produce along the way.
Here is a small taste of some of the wonderful experiences on offer when your clients select the Flavours of South Australia tour through Inspiring Journeys:
1. Try delicious, organic and biodynamic wines at Gemtree in McLaren Vale, where they plant, graft and harvest according to the phases of the moon, enhancing the quality of the grapes.
2. Experience a private cooking demonstration and add some of Maggie Beer’s famous flair to your own cooking, in the very studio where Beer and Simon Bryant filmed the Cook and the Chef. Here, travellers can also sample products from Beer’s farm shop in Adelaide Hills.
3. Dine in the award-winning FINO at Seppeltsfield, where travellers can connect to the region through seasonal plates, showcasing local sustainable producers. Executive chef Sam Smith will showcase his mouth watering signature local and sustainable produce.
4. Be immersed in the quirky dÁrenberg Cube building, each of the five levels has been carefully designed to entice and excite the senses. After a jaunt to the cube, travellers will enjoy a three-course lunch paired with wine at the stunning dÁrry’s Verandah Restaurant.
5. Market lovers will be thrilled by a zero-emission caddy to Adelaide Central Markets and meet your expert host Cheryl, who’ll introduce the passionate market stall owners, while you enjoy a four-course roaming dinner.
Give your clients the ultimate foodie experience on Inspiring Journeys’ five-day Flavours of South Australia trip priced from $2,980* per person, twin share.
Go here for more details.
Featured image credit: courtesy of dArenberg