In need of a pick-me-up and giddy-up on hump day? This week’s cruise wrap has just the right amount of pep to see you through to the weekend.
Celebrity unveils four new European sailings onboard newest vessel
With Celebrity Cruises’ 2020 Europe season poised to be the line’s most “revolutionary” yet, comes the unveiling of four new longer European sailings on board its newest ship, Celebrity Apex, the second ship in the brand’s Edge Series.
Among the new sailings onboard Celebrity Apex are three 10- and 11-night Eastern Mediterranean sailings and a new 11-night Western Mediterranean sailing.
The two 11-night Greece, Malta and Turkey sailings will depart from Rome, Italy, visiting Istanbul, Turkey; Ephesus (Kusadasi), Turkey; Santorini, Greece; Mykonos, Greece; Athens, Greece; Valletta, Malta; and Barcelona, Spain.
The 10-night Greece, Malta and Turkey cruise will take guests to eight beautiful ports, including Barcelona, Spain; Crete, Greece; Santorini, Greece; Mykonos, Greece; Bodrum, Turkey; Athens, Greece; Naples, Italy; and Rome, Italy.
And the 11-night Spain, France and Italian Riviera expedition will sail round-trip out of Barcelona, Spain, calling Provence (Marseille), France; Monte Carlo, Monaco; Nice, France; Santa Margherita, Italy; Rome, Italy; Naples, Italy; Palma De Mallorca, Spain; and Valencia, Spain.
Scenic gives inside view of Eclipse and partners with Byron Bay artist
Scenic Cruises has released a first look at Eclipse, the company’s latest vessel that aims to set a “new benchmark in innovation, design and technology”.
Scenic Luxury Cruises and Tours has also secured a series of original artworks from local Byron Bay artist, Mitch Gobel, to feature onboard Scenic Eclipse.
The vessel currently owns the largest collection of Mitch’s work, with three original artworks commissioned and a selection of 124 prints selected for display in all of the ship’s suites.
The three main pieces commissioned for Scenic Eclipse are part of The Melt collection – Costeria Amalfitana, Raja Ampat, and The Antarctic Peninsula.
Silversea’s Venetian Society eagerly anticipates special sailings in 2019 and 2020
In the year of Silversea’s 25th anniversary, the cruise line has announced a new Venetian Society reunion sailing in 2020, as well as a special voyage to celebrate the silver snniversary of Silversea’s Fernando Barroso de Oliveira, Chairman’s Ambassador to the Venetian Society, in 2019.
Silversea will welcome Venetian Society members for the following reunion voyages in 2019 and 2020:
- Rome (Civitavecchia) to Monte Carlo: 29 September to 8 October 2019
- Monte Carlo to Barcelona: 30 October to 8 November 2020
- Fort Lauderdale (Florida) to San Juan: 25 November to 4 December 2020
- San Juan to Fort Lauderdale (Florida): 11 November to 22 November 2019.
First-time guest offers with Coral Expeditions
Coral Expeditions is offering savings for first time guests on a selection of small ship sailings to Indonesia, Tasmania, the Kimberley, Papua New Guinea, the South Pacific, Raja Ampat and the Spice Islands, among others.
Available until 31 December, 2019, the special offer on select itineraries will be on board the newly launched 120-passenger Coral Adventurer and flagship vessel 72-passenger Coral Discoverer.
The ‘First Time Guest’ offer applies to the following voyages: ‘Krakatoa and the Komodo Dragons 2020’, ‘Pristine Tasmania 2020’, ‘Ancient Lands of the Kimberley’, ‘Frontier Lands of Papua New Guinea 2019’, ‘Raja Ampat and the Spice Islands’, ‘Sulawesi Circle’, and ‘A Passage to the Solomons’.
Regent announces latest series of Season Launch events
Regent Seven Seas Cruises has announced its latest series of Season Launch events, where the company will showcase its newly launched 2020 – 2022 itineraries to trade partners and their VIP cruising clients across Australia and New Zealand.
The Season Launch events will begin in Canberra on 5 September 2019 and end on 15 October in Perth. Agents interested in attending can find more information on dates and venues, as well as register themselves and their clients, via the Regent website.
Oceania Cruises unveils 2021 Europe & North America voyages
Oceania Cruises has launched its new 2021 Europe & North America Collection of voyages.
Highlights of the collection include:
- 110 itineraries, 97 of them brand new, and 15 exciting new ports to explore which feature some of Europe’s unique treasures – the dramatic fjord of Eskifjördur, Iceland; the UNESCO-protected town Alberobello from Monopoli, Italy; and the gourmet pintxo bars of San Sebastián
- Experiencing the traditions and cultural nuances of Turkey with 13 voyages that begin or end in Istanbul, 12 overnights in Istanbul as well as calls on Antalya, Bodrum, Ephesus, Pergamum and the new port of Bozcaada (Troy)
- Immersion into bold and beautiful Alaska with myriad optional adventures such a cruise along a glacier-dotted bay in Kenai Fjords National Park while in Seward, a personalised fishing and culinary expedition from Ketchikan or a remote glacier trek via helicopter from Juneau
- Wanderlust cruising to some of the world’s most enticing corners with the voyages in our new Sirena Exotic Collection, which feature in-depth explorations of the Holy Lands of Egypt, Israel and Turkey as well as the Arabian Peninsula, India, Myanmar and Indonesia.
Adventure Canada and Cruise Traveller unveils new cruise package
Your clients can explore Newfoundland on a circumnavigation of the wild Canadian island as part of a new cruise package offered by Adventure Canada and Cruise Traveller.
The 11-night ‘Newfoundland Circumnavigation’ package begins in St. John’s, Canada, on 25 June, 2020, and includes one-night’s pre-cruise accommodation in St. John’s and a 10-night circumnavigation of Newfoundland.
For a limited time, Adventure Canada and Cruise Traveller are offering two discounts on this cruise. Guests can save 15 per cent when booking twin share – prices start from US$5,945 per person, twin-share, in a category three interior cabin – for a saving of US$1,050 per person.
In a junior suite, prices start from US$12,575 per person, twin share – a saving of US$2,220 per person. This offer is available until 31 October 2019.
For a limited time and subject to availability, Adventure Canada and Cruise Traveller are also offering supplement-free fares for single travellers (in category three to seven). Prices for solo travellers in a category three interior cabin begin at US$5,945 for a saving of US$4,548.
This limited-time offer is subject to availability and available until sold out.
Carnival Cruise Line launches ‘Nautical But Nice Sale’
Carnival’s ‘Nautical But Nice Sale’ is here, providing Aussie couples with fantastic savings of up to $800 per cabin plus 50 per cent reduced deposit per person.
This promotion is available on select sailings between 23 August 2019 and 30 December 2020, for bookings made by 30 September 2019.
Evergreen Cruises & Tours launches Egypt and Jordan 2020/21 brochure
Evergreen has launched its 2020/21 Egypt and Jordan brochure with a new extension to Israel, with itineraries that include:
- 10 Day ‘Cairo & Ancient Egypt River Cruise’ from $4,275 per person.
- 15 Day ‘Cairo to Amman & Ancient Egypt River Cruise’ from $6,695 per person.
- The new 16 Day ‘Tel Aviv to Cairo & Ancient Egypt River Cruise’ from $9.445 per person.
- The new 21 Day ‘Tel Aviv to Amman & Ancient Egypt River Cruise’ from $12,415per person.
To mark the release of the new program, Evergreen is offering a range of special limited time early bird offers. For more information, visit the Evergreen website.
Safety first at Australian Cruise Association conference breakfast in Geelong
Ian Graham, Flotilla Commander for the Geelong Coast Guard will speak at the ACA Conference Breakfast on Friday 6 September, during the closing presentation in the 2019 Annual Conference program.
Each year, ACA organises a speaker from an organisation providing support for the local communities in which their Conference is being held.
The Victorian Regional Channels Authority, which manages all commercial navigation in the port waters of Geelong, will sponsor the breakfast.