The Council of Australian Tour Operators (CATO) has announced that the 2020 CATO Awards will be held as a standalone event.
The awards ceremony will take place at a lavish cocktail function in Sydney on Friday 23 October.
The inaugural CATO Awards were presented within the Australian Federation of Travel Agents’ National Travel Industry Awards program in July.
The CATO Awards are an opportunity for Australia’s land supply sector to recognise the valued support it receives from travel agents and the retail travel trade.
CATO managing director Brett Jardine said: “This is not just another awards event – this is an opportunity for our members from the land supply sector to come together under the CATO banner to recognise excellence in the retail travel sector.”
In 2020, the CATO Awards will be presented in the following categories:
- Agency of the Year – Europe
- Agency of the Year – Americas
- Agency of the Year – Asia
- Agency of the Year – Africa/Middle East
- Agency of the Year – Oceania
- Consultant of the Year – Group Touring
- Consultant of the Year – Adventure
- Consultant of the Year – Youth Travel
- Consultant of the Year – Ski
- Consultant of the Year – FIT
- Rookie of the Year
- Trade Media Award
- Consumer Media Award
- CATO Ambassador Award
Details confirming the venue and awards criteria will be announced to the trade in early 2020.