Haven’t got your Mother’s Day plans sorted? This wrap is just the thing. If someone gave birth to you, they have to forgive for the last-minute gift ideas, right?
Because Mums deserve [to travel] the World – Limited Mother’s Day Offer
Club Med loves mums and make sure they do everything they can to give her the relaxing holiday she deserves. From ensuring the little ones are well looked-after in the award-winning Kids Club, to nutritional and delicious food, activities galore, open bar for added relaxation and an adults-only Zen Pool for those rare and sacred moments of tranquility.
Help your clients to spoil mum this Mother’s Day with the ultimate island escape and a trip she’ll never forget. Thanks to Club Med’s limited Mother’s Day Offer, your client’s family could be swimming in the tranquil seas of the Maldives, relaxing on the magnificent beaches in Indonesia or discovering the local culture in Thailand.
Go on, they deserve it! By quoting the code: MUMLOV, your client’s mums will receive an extra $200 off their trip to Club Med Bali, Kani, Bintan Island or Phuket, with a minimum six nights stay required. Club Med’s Mother’s Day Offer applies to bookings with a minimum of two people when booked between 7 – 18 May 2018 for travel until October 2018. Blackout dates apply.
Making their mum’s escape truly hassle-free, Club Med’s infamous all-inclusive package includes gourmet meals and snacks with international delicacies and traditional local cuisine, an open bar, a vast selection of activities, entertainment and kids clubs, in addition to accommodation.
An extraordinary Mothers’ Day with Lirrwi’s Gay’Wu Tours for Women
Indigenous tourism operator Lirrwi Tourism has its popular Gay’Wu or Dilly Bag Tours for Women in East Arnhem Land departing in June and August this year, offering a perfect chance to surprise mum with an extraordinary Mothers’ Day gift.
The Gay’Wu or dilly bag is a powerful cultural symbol in Arnhem Land, where it was created by local Indigenous Yolngu women thousands of years ago using woven pandanus leaves. The dilly bag has both a practical and a spiritual meaning, as it is used to hold bush foods and medicines and is also used to carry knowledge.
The Yolngu often say the land is their mother, as it nurtures, heals and guides their lives. The Gay’Wu tour offers women the chance to come together with their Yolngu sisters and learn about their culture, history and country. Equally it is an opportunity to take time out and reconnect with every aspect of one’s own life.
The five-day Gay’Wu tour is for women and girls only. Space is available on the following departures this year:
- June 20-24
- August 6-10.
Take your Mama out all night this Mother’s Day
We all know mums are like a fine wine – they’re ever-exquisite and only get better with age. That’s why Ovolo Hotels, the collection behind two of Australia’s top-rated hotels, is offering a week-long discount for anyone checking their mum into any Ovolo Hotel this Mother’s Day.
From May 7-13, mother and child duos who book a room at Ovolo will receive mum’s age off the their room rate (if they’re in Hong Kong add a ‘0’ to her age because we’re nice, not to make her feel older) – because it pays to be wise with age!
So why not step up your game this year and really spoil mum like the MVP she is; no more candles or new pyjama sets. Spend Sunday 13 May, or even the week, enjoying time with Mum at one of Ovolo’s award-winning hotels.
With their Woolloomooloo and Darling Harbour hotels currently ranked number one and number three in Sydney, Ovolo places the guest experience at its heart, doing all it can to see that every aspect of a guest’s stay is as effortless as possible – everything from the aspirational art and design, to the customer service, to the all-inclusive FREEBIES, such as laundry and Wi-Fi.
Mother’s Day getaways in Australia & NZ
The perfect solution to leaving your Mother’s Day present a little (read: a lot) too late? A mini staycation from AAT Kings! Book one of these wonderful day trips or short breaks today and Mum will think you’ve been planning for months.
- South Coast, NSW – A bit of a hidden treasure, the South coast is close enough to Sydney that it’s perfect for a day trip. Take mum on South Coast Highlights and cruise along the cliffs of Grand Pacific Drive before stopping in at Nan Tien Temple. Known as ‘Southern Paradise’, it’s the largest Buddhist temple in the Southern Hemisphere.
- Barossa, SA – If a day of wining and dining is more Mum’s (and your) style why not take a day trip from Adelaide on the Barossa Food & Wine Experience and gorge your way through South Australia’s vineyard gem. First stop is TeAro estate where you’ll head into an intimate tasting room and be treated to a morning tea before you dive in to tasting some vino (what’s too early?).
- Perth, WA – Selling point: Quokkas! With things still a little warmer in WA currently, it’s a nice little escape for you and mum for a long weekend to Perth & Rottnest Island. Explore the beautiful Perth and Cottesloe before cruising along the river to the colonial buildings of Freemantle.
- Uluru, NT – If you’ve never seen Uluru, there’s no better time. Remind Mum you’re the light of her life and experience artist Bruce Munro’s Field of Light installation with a Sunrise trip to Uluru. Wander together through the 50,000 magical spheres of light and soak up the beauty before being totally overwhelmed by watching the sun rise.
- Great Barrier Reef, QLD – Cairns is always a good idea for a little sun and boarding a high-speed catamaran together to explore one of Australia’s most loved destinations is an obvious choice.
- Queenstown, NZ – If you’re looking to really spoil Mum (and maybe get on Santa’s nice list early in the year) book the two of you in for a mid-year Fiordland Experience jaunt in New Zealand. Queenstown is almost too beautiful and you’ll have tonnes of time to soak it up together.
How to treat Mum on Mother’s Day (around the world!)
Whether you’re already travelling during Mother’s Day this year or planning next year’s special escape, take note of these unique global experiences to share with the woman who means the world.
- Learn the secrets of French cooking from a local chef – The French say that there is nothing better than ‘la cuisine’. With classics like coq au vin and family favourites like croque monsieur, they make a strong argument. What better way for Mum to pick up new culinary skills than from a local Parisian chef in the heart of Paris? Treat Mum on the: Paris Explorer
- Sip Chianti wines in a family-run vineyard under the Tuscan sun – It’s hard to picture a more iconic Italian scene than sipping a glass of red wine in a vineyard set against the rolling Tuscan hills. After exploring the historic town of San Gimignano, treat Mum to an authentic Italian wine-tasting and lunch, hosted by a local wine-making family at Fattoria di Petroio. Treat Mum on the: Wonders of Italy
- Shop for diamonds at a traditional diamond-polishing factory in Amsterdam – If your mum appreciates a little bit of bling, then the unique cultural experience of visiting a diamond polishing factory in Amsterdam is an absolute must. And if you’re feeling extra generous? Gift Mum a giant sparkler to commemorate your trip together. Treat Mum on the: European Supreme
- Join a pianist for an evening of southern hospitality in the Deep South – A true bucket list experience for any music lover is a trip to America’s Deep South. The USA’s musical heartland is full of unique experiences to suit all music tastes. Treat Mum on the: Tastes and Sounds of The South
- Experience the farm-to-table dining concept in Monterey – Farm-to-table restaurants have seen a surge in popularity in recent years, no less so than in California. Sustainable dining is bang on trend, with greater importance put on restaurants sourcing their ingredients from local producers. Treat Mum on the: Northern California
- Learn the art of tea picking at a tea factory in Sri Lanka – On a tour of a local tea factory, Mum can learn the skill of ‘plucking’ the tea shoots that produce the world-famous brew and become a tea-tasting expert. Treat Mum on the: Wonders of Sri Lanka
- Relax with a Chinese foot massage at the Beijing Foot Reflexology Centre – Treating your mum to a spa day might seem a bit ‘old hat’, so this time, upgrade the experience and book a Chinese foot massage in the heart of Beijing! Treat Mum’s feet to an expert foot rub, at the Foot Reflexology Centre, giving her the ultimate R&R experience. Treat Mum on the: Classic China