Barbie – yes, the doll – has become an Airbnb host, listing her Malibu Dreamhouse on the home-sharing site.
The delightful life-sized ‘Dreamhouse’ in the heart of Malibu will be listed for four guests for a one-off two-night stay on 24 October at 5am for just $90 per night to commemorate the iconic brand’s 60th anniversary.
“Before women were allowed to open their own bank accounts, Barbie bought her first Dreamhouse. As a modern homeowner and entrepreneur, Barbie is very excited to open her home by listing it on Airbnb to share her story and to continue to inspire fans around the world,” Airbnb said in a release.
“The quintessential Dreamhouse will bring to life what drives Barbie, from spotlighting powerful and diverse role models to showcasing underrepresented career paths and giving all girls a voice.”
Airbnb will celebrate the listing by making a donation to the Barbie Dream Gap Porject GoFundMe initiative.
The home, which sleeps four, with two bedrooms and two baths, has Barbie touches throughout featuring a mix of modern and mid-century pieces including a walk-in wardrobe showcasing 60 years of Barbie fashion and career paths.
The dreamhouse features an infinity pool with views of the California coast, a personal cinema, hobby studio, sport court, meditation space, outdoor dining patio and a fully stocked kitchen.
The experience also includes:
- A meet-and-greet with hairstylist and girl boss, Jen Atkin, along with hair makeovers from hairstylists from Mane Addicts Creator Collective.
- A one-on-one fencing lesson with inspirational role model and fencing medalist Ibtihaj Muhammad.
- An interactive, globally-inspired cooking lesson with one of Malibu’s favourite female business owners, Gina Clarke-Helm of Malibu Seaside Chef.
- A behind-the-scenes tour of Columbia Memorial Space Centre with pilot and aerospace engineer Jill Meyers.
- A gallery wall and mementos that celebrate her notable accomplishments from her medical degree to her pilot’s license and her many other honours and distinctions.
The one-time reservation will take place over two nights, with guests checking in from Sunday, October 27 to Tuesday, October 29.