If your clients are planning a trip to Melbourne, this new addition to Airbnb will help add a little inspiration to the exciting experiences the city has to offer.
Trips to Melbourne is a platform for travellers to get involved in activities with entrepreneurial Melburnians.
It is available on Airbnb, and lists people-powered experiences to connect the interests and passions of people from around the world.
Travellers and locals can now choose from more than 60 Melbourne-based activities or ‘Experiences’ designed and led by local experts.
Experiences on offer in Melbourne include; enjoying the tastes and aromas of neighbourhood food and coffee with a connoisseur, exploring the hidden laneways and street art in the heart of the city, or going hiking in search of a troop of kangaroos within a forest reserve.
“Airbnb Experiences unlock the true character of a city by connecting people to local hosts and their passions,” Airbnb co-founder and Chief Product Officer, Joe Gebbia said.
“Airbnb travellers visiting Melbourne can now immerse themselves in the unique food, fashion, culture and sports for which the city is renowned.”
“For local Melburnians, Experiences are a great way for people to rediscover their own city — new things to do and meet new people.
“It also gives people an opportunity to participate in and contribute to local tourism, while making extra money from their interests and passions.”
To celebrate the launch, Airbnb has teamed up with four celebrities from Melbourne, to offer exclusive, one-time Social Impact Experiences, with all proceeds going to the local charitable organisations.
Social Impact Experiences give guests a chance to learn more about the causes our celebrity hosts are passionate about.
Airbnb waives all fees, and 100 per cent of the funds collected from guests goes to the charitable organisation.
The organisations include Moira Kelly Creating Hope Foundation (Jackie Gillies), Peter MacCallum Cancer Foundation (Jarryd Roughead), Alannah & Madeline Foundation (Nadia Bartel) Streetsmart (Andrew McConnell).
The Experiences include; a guided tour of the iconic MCG and kicking session with four-time premiership footy player Jarryd Roughead, joining Real Housewives of Melbourne star Jackie Gillies at her favourite hip hop class followed by a tequila tasting, getting a personal make-up session from fashion blogger Nadia Bartel, and exploring the culinary delights of the city with chef Andrew McConnell.
“Melbourne is a vibrant multicultural city that is world famous for its food, culture, nightlife, thriving art scene and its packed calendar of major events,” Victoria’s Minister for Innovation and the Digital Economy, Philip Dalidakis said.
“This is a great initiative that will boost our important tourism industry by giving visitors a unique view of the best of Melbourne while also encouraging locals to explore in their own backyard.”
Check out some of the highlights now available your clients can experience:
● Melbourne’s Best Cafes and Coffee Tour – find out why Melbourne’s cafes are considered the world’s best for coffee, food and design as you sample some of the city’s award winning cafes and coffee roasters, including Higher Ground, Top Paddock, The Kettle Black, Square One Coffee Roasters and Market Lane.
● Ultimate Farmer’s Market & Picnic – Visit some of Melbourne’s best markets, talk directly to farmers, learn about their produce, farming practices and sample some of the fine foods.
● Vintage Clothes Shopping – Meet at the iconic Flinders Street Station before embarking on a walking tour through Melbourne’s best hidden vintage clothing shops, famous graffiti alleyways and European-style lanes.
● Kangaroos Quest in Melbourne – Go hiking in search of a troop of kangaroos within a forest reserve in the middle of the city’s north eastern suburbs.
● Insider’s Melbourne Music Scene – From the CBD’s laneway watering-holes to Fitzroy’s rock and jazz bars, Northcote’s acoustic, folk and gypsy flavours, and Brunswick’s pubs and warehouse parties, explore your musical tastes with a Melbourne insider.