Marking the next step in destination-focused cruises, Viking Expeditions will begin sailing in 2022.
Australian and Kiwi travellers can now book Viking’s brand-new expedition itineraries, with the launch of several itineraries taking travellers to the world’s polar regions, including the Arctic, Antarctica and Canadian polar regions.
Viking is expanding into expedition voyages, and will begin sailing in January 2022 with its first vessel, Viking Octantis, on voyages to Antarctica and North America’s Great Lakes. A second expedition vessel, Viking Polaris, will debut in August 2022, sailing to Antarctica and the Arctic.
The cruise company’s 2022-2023 inaugural expedition voyages include:
- 13-day Antarctic Explorer (Buenos Aires to Ushuaia)
- 19-day Antarctic & South America Discovery (Buenos Aires to Rio de Janeiro)
- 13-day Arctic Adventure (Roundtrip Tromsø)
- 44-day From the Arctic to the Antarctic (Tromsø to Ushuaia)
- 8-day Undiscovered Great Lakes (Thunder Bay, Ontario to Milwaukee)
- 8-day Great Lakes Explorer (Milwaukee to Thunder Bay, Ontario)
- 8-day Niagara & The Great Lakes (Toronto to Milwaukee)
- 13-day Canadian Discovery (New York to Toronto)
Viking has also advised that bookings before 31 March 2020 can see agents save $2,000 per couple with ‘Viking’s Inaugural Offer’ on 2022 and 2023 expedition itineraries.
Featured image: The Viking Octantis, Viking’s very-first expedition cruise vessel (Viking)