Travel Weekly despises writing the agent wrap due to our jealousy of the countless exclusive incentives and special deals.
Are you the first Contiki Cares Ambassador?
Contiki is on the lookout for its first-ever Contiki Cares Ambassador. The ideal candidate will have a shared passion for sustainable travel, be travel conscious and committed to protecting communities visited and destination wildlife.
If you think you’re the right pick for the position, Contiki has two steps to apply:
- Tell Contiki why you should be the Contiki Cares Ambassador. What does sustainability mean to you? What are you passionate about – people, planet, wildlife? What are you doing to make travel matter?
- Visit contiki.com/agents and submit your video entry (maximum of 90 seconds). Entries close 9 August 2019.
Finalists will receive VIP tickets (including flights and accommodation) for the annual Contiki LEGENDS party, where the winner will be announced on the night.
Intrepid Travel offers big savings for agents
Intrepid Travel has revealed agents can save up to 50 per cent on select products departing in 2019:
- Save 50 per cent on all Intrepid Travel USA Basix trips departing prior to 30 November 2019 for bookings made between 19 July to 9 August
- Save 40 per cent on all Intrepid Travel Sailing trips departing prior to 31 October 2019 for bookings made between 19 July to 9 August
- Save 30 per cent on all Intrepid Travel Daphne Galapagos trips departing prior to 30 November 2019 for bookings made between 19 July to 9 August
- Save 30 per cent on all Intrepid Travel Adventure Cruising trips departing prior to 15 December 2019 for bookings made between 19 July to 9 August
- Save 30 per cent on all Intrepid Travel Cycling trips departing prior to 31 October 2019 for bookings made between 19 July to 9 August
- Save 30 per cent on all Intrepid Travel USA Comfort trips departing prior to 30 November 2019 for bookings made between 19 July to 9 August.
Say Adios to the Chile Roadshow
The National Tourism Service of Chile (SERNATUR) wrapped up its annual Australian Roadshow last night, hosting more than 60 agents at two successful events in Sydney and Melbourne.
The Roadshow began in Melbourne at Zinc Federation Square on Tuesday 23 July, and finished in Sydney at View by Sydney on Thursday 25 July, 2019.
More than 15 representatives from Chile Tourism (SERNATUR), local hoteliers and tourism partners travelled to Australia for the events and met with top travel agents from both capital cities.
Bringing the best of Chile’s attractions to the cities of Australia, this year’s roadshow also focused on the regions of Los Lagos (Southern Chile’s Lakes region) and Magallanes (the Chilean Antarctic region.)
Australian travel agents and 20 Chilean tour operators spent both afternoons in one-on-one meetings, seminars and training on Chile’s outstanding destinations. They were then treated to an entertaining evening of wining and dining their way through premium Chilean wine and produce, complete with a pisco-sour-making experience.
Book 8 and Escape with Globus
Globus family of brands is excited to announce its latest national trade incentive –BOOK 8 AND ESCAPE.
Simply book and deposit eight Globus, Cosmos or Monograms passengers between 15 July – 15 September 2019 and earn yourself an Escapes by Globus tour.
Escapes by Globus is a compilation of the best low-season European itineraries, allowing Aussies to experience the magic of Europe – at half the price, with all the inclusions.
Escapes by Globus has an itinerary to suit all types of travellers and passions:
- Fans of art and architecture will be in awe after a visit -without the crowds – to Barcelona’s Sagrada Familia Basilica that has been in construction since 1882
- For those who appreciate a good tipple or two, a behind-the-scenes tour through the whisky capital of the world, Scotland, will explore the ancient art of converting barely, water and yeast into a heart-warming liquor –without the high price tag
- Or simply pass time in a Parisian café -alongside locals, rather than tourists – eating crêpesand sipping coffee.
Las Vegas makes its way Down Under for its 2019 Sales Mission
The Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority’s (LVCVA) Sales Mission is set to kick-off next month, with the tourism board and thirteen key industry partners on hand to showcase the destination’s latest and greatest, across three cities with a mix of agent training and wholesaler product events.
The 2019 Sales Mission gets underway in Auckland on Monday 19 August; followed by Melbourne on Wednesday 21 August; with celebrations culminating in Sydney on Thursday 22 August.
In true Vegas style, each of the agent events will feature entertainment and delicious food and beverage, as well as provide the opportunity for agents to improve their destination knowledge and build one-on-one relationships with Las Vegas’ top resort and attraction providers.
Agents will also gain further local insight into the destination via an interactive Q&A session with industry representatives, as well as get a sneak peek into what’s to come for Las Vegas – 2020 is shaping up to be one of the destination’s biggest years yet.
MTA advisor visits Machu Picchu
Mobile travel agent Erika Affolter (pictured) had the opportunity to visit Machu Picchu, Peru, on a recent study tour.
Delivered by Helloworld and LATAM Airlines, the ‘Discover South America’ study tour took Affolter to Peru and Chile, where she visited Peru’s Sacred Valley and capital of Chile, Santiago.
Bentours treats agents to Scandinavian Film Festival
As Gold Sponsors of the 2019 Scandinavian Film Festival, Bentours is running a competition for movie-goers who attend for a chance to win a trip on one of its best-selling tours – Iceland Complete!
The Volvo Scandinavian Film Festival runs nationally from 9 July to 7 August, which means there’s still time to attend. Visit the Volvo Scandinavian Film Festival website for screening times and further details: https://bit.ly/2uAqr6n.
Tempo Holidays announce Spain incentive winner
Tempo Holidays’ Spain incentive has come to an end, and the winner is… Nicole Fallon from Signature Travel Orange!
Rewarded for her results during the incentive period, Fallon was awarded with a case of fine Spanish wine. Tempo Holidays has congratulated Fallon on the win, and wishes to thank everyone who participated in the incentive.
Win one of six spots on a Luxury Fiji famil with Elegant Resorts and Villas
Elegant Resorts & Villas in association with partners Fiji Airways and Tourism Fiji have announced a Fiji famil for 31 August 2019.
Book your clients’ dream holiday to Fiji and you could be on your way there with Elegant Resorts and Villas.
The famil promises to make you not only the envy of your peers but also a true Fiji expert thanks to the experiences in store.
Start your journey with Fiji Airways. Stay three-nights at the Jean-Michel Cousteau Resort in Savusavu, two-nights at the stunning Nanuku Auberge at Pacific Harbour, one-night at the First Landing Beach Resort & Villas and one-night at the Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort.
This luxury famil includes:
- Return Economy flights Australia to Fiji with Fiji Airways.
- Economy domestic flights within Fiji with Fiji Link.
- Hotel inspections, excursions and transfers.
- Three nights at Jean-Michel Cousteau Resort.
- Two nights at Nanuku Auberge.
- One night at First Landing Resort Fiji.
- One night at Outrigger Fiji.
To enter, simply book and deposit your clients’ trip of six or more nights to Fiji before 31 July 2019 to go in the draw for one of six invitations.
Bookings including Fiji Airways international flights booked and ticketed by Elegant Resorts & Villas will earn agents two entries.
Bookings for Jean-Michel Cousteau Resort and Nanuku Auberge will earn agents three entries.
PTM relishes freedom to work and play
Personal travel manager (PTM) Ian Long (pictured left), who is based on Queensland’s Sunshine Coast, had the chance to fly by corporate jet to Wollongong for a surprise Midnight Oil gig.
Long, who joined TravelManagers in 2014, was free to see Midnight Oil play in their a warm-up show prior to the band’s current European tour, thanks to being able to take his work wherever he goes as a PTM.
Skål International Perth extends invitation to agents for August networking lunch
Skål International Perth has invited agents to register to attend its ‘August Networking Lunch – Heirloom @ Fraser Suites’.
The event is open to all professionals working in travel and hospitality across Australia, with the event hosted in Perth at 12:30 PM on Thursday 8 August at Heirloom Restaurant and Bar, Fraser Suites.
To register your interest, click here.