News

Palm Cove hotel gets "new lease of life"

The former Angsana property in Tropical North Queensland hot spot Palm Cove has undergone a $1 million refurbishment as its new management company Lancemore settles in.

The 69-room property, formerly owned by Banyan Tree, rebranded as the Alamanda in February, following its acquisition by local consortium Vievers and Triton Holdings Ltd.

A refurbishment of the rooms followed, along with the relocation of popular local restaurant Nu Nu, headed up by former Pearl Melbourne head chef Nick Holloway, to the property. 

Lancemore chief executive Julian Clark told Travel Today that he is optimistic about the prospects.

“This area is coming out of some really tough times,” he said. “But I think the future is really looking bright up here.”

While improved tourism prospects are a necessity for the property’s success, Clark highlighted two key features which he hopes will give it the edge over local competitors.

“One is its location right on the beach, and the other is the size of the rooms,” he revealed, adding its rooms start from 85 square metres.

Lancemore is also placing significant emphasis on service, style and comfort, with Clark expects will give the property a "new lease of life".

He is optimistic the revamped property will resonate with both the domestic travellers that make up 80% of business, and the remaining 20% from a diverse range of international markets.

Conferencing, while only a small part of Alamanda’s business at present, will be given more attention, with the property targeting incentive groups and growing awareness of its boardroom, conference room and flexbile meeting spaces.

The addition of the Alamanda takes Lancemore’s portfolio to five, with a sixth property in Kangaroo Valley being finalised.

Meanwhile, metropolitan expansion could be next on the cards with the hotel group is “in talks” over potential opportunities in three different cities.

“It’s something we’re really focused on,” Clark said.



SEE WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING

Comments are closed.

Hotels

Tiny Away opens up mini Tassie getaways

Tiny Away has opened the doors to its first Tasmanian tiny houses, growing its network of rural getaways. The ‘Quirindi’ […]

Share

CommentComments

Tourism

Colorado Tourism Office say G’day to the industry

The Colorado Tourism Office joined media and travel titans last Friday at Bentley’s in the Sydney CBD to reconnect with the Aussie travel industry.

Share

CommentComments

Aviation

Bonza calls on Aussies to name its first plane

Some of the names suggested so far include Purple Rippa, Bonza Bruce, and Kimbo. We challenge you to come up with something more Aussie sounding than that!

Share

CommentComments

Aviation

Qantas increases international connection time to reduce mishandled baggage

The upside of all these missing bags is that you no longer have to sprint through the airport to catch your connecting flight. Although we’ll miss the rush.

Share

CommentComments

Events

Missed the Visit USA Expos? Fear not, we’ve got your biggest questions covered.

by sponsored by Visit USA Australia

No more FOMO! These hot tips will get you in top-tip shape to visit the USA.

Share

CommentComments

Travel Agents

TravelManagers’ TCF Launch Applauded by PTMs

by Sponsored by TravelManagers

We hope you’re an AL (acronym lover), because this headline has plenty to go around!

Share

CommentComments

Tourism

G Adventures to relaunch Bhutan trails

These trails are kind of like the Bondi to Bronte walk, except completely different in almost every aspect.

Share

CommentComments

News

Industry movements: New hires at Intrepid, TravelManagers, Silversea and more

Keep tabs on all the latest movements in the industry, find who you need to shmooze at the next networking event and suss out all the latest gossip right here.

Share

CommentComments

Cruise

Coral Princess brings cruising back to Newcastle

Cruising has returned to Newy, marking more opportunities for the locals to hang out by the water and wear thongs.

Share

CommentComments

Hotels

Soneva introduces cryptocurrency payments at its resorts

This new update could mean that other travel companies may soon accept crypto, and then someone may finally buy our Travel Weekly NFT!

Share

CommentComments

Tourism

Paul Hogan gets top Tourism Australia honour

Hogan was reportedly quite happy with the award, but quietly disappointed that it wasn’t a knife which he could compare with his larger knife.

Share

CommentComments

News

Jucy to expand rental car fleet with $40m worth of new inventory

Jucy is a vehicle rental operator, not the company that makes those pink velour track pants, in case you were also a bit confused.

Share

CommentComments