News

Agents on agenda for expanding ETG

The parent company of Wild Africa Travel Company is attempting to woo travel agents as it expands its product offering to new worldwide destinations.

Travel agents currently account for around 10% of total sales, but Experience Travel Group is keen to grow that figure to 20% to 30% with its offer of 13% commission.

"We believe that's above average and it's right across all of our tours and travel packages," business development manager Stuart Simmons told Travel Today.

Independent travel agencies will be a major focus of its efforts to build relationships with the trade, he confirmed.

"We think they might offer a bigger advantage for us as opposed to the big franchises with preferred partnerships already set up," he said.

Famils, roadshows, media and social media are all on the cards for the firm over the next few months.

"It's about getting the brand awareness out there, then finding agents that suit our target market and the destinations that we go to," Simmons added.

ETG was created at the start of this year, when Wild Africa Travel Company added India & Sri Lanka Travel Company and Vietnam & Cambodia Travel Company to its portfolio. Over that period, the two programs have grown to account for 20% of its overall business in that period.

Simmons is hopeful that the new programs will attract a high level of repeat customers who have previously travelled to Africa with the firm.

Meanwhile, ETG is exploring any opportunities to get its message out there.

"Online costs have really covered costs up till now, but now we really want to make this place bigger and better," Simmons said.

"We know it's pretty tough out there but we're not going to let that hold us back."



SEE WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING

Comments are closed.

Hotels

Review: Le Farnatchi is a truly boutique beauty in the heart of Marrakech

by Nancy Hromin

Hidden in plain sight in the middle of the Medina, Le Farnatchi is a truly boutique beauty with only 10 suites offering a quiet and peaceful reprieve.

Share

CommentComments

Destinations

Sydney’s Great West Walk extended by 80km

Hikers, rejoice! This iconic trail has been extended to cover a whopping 140km, making it possible to walk from Parramatta to Katoomba.

Share

CommentComments

News

Hilton and Carnival named among Australia’s best workplaces

Travel Weekly unfortunately missed out on the list, though we do often hold up balloons that spell out our company name like in the featured image. It really boosts team morale!

Share

CommentComments

Aviation

ACCC raises concerns over Qantas’ acquisition of Alliance Airlines

The ACCC is also concerned about whether Alan Joyce’s volunteering on the tarmac has affected productivity, with workers beginning to raise eyebrows after his eighth morning tea break.

Share

CommentComments

Tourism

Virtuoso reveals hottest bounce back trends at Travel Week

Are you living it up at the fashion week of travel in Vegas this year? Or are you sitting at home suffering from FOMO? Either way, we’re sure these insights will tickle your fancy.

Share

CommentComments

Tourism

Tourism New Zealand seeks to attract “high-quality visitors” in new campaign

Nothing says ‘adventure’ like ziplining through a forest in New Zealand. Zipliners are up there with Marco Polo in our opinion.

Share

CommentComments

Cruise

Azamara rolls out luxe bar championing destination immersion

The line will launch its new bar concept across the entire Azamara fleet, with delicious destination-themed cocktails to get passengers in the zone.

Share

CommentComments

Tourism

Aurora Expeditions announces new Patagonia treks

Travellers are set to weave their way through the remotest parts of South America with these new itineraries, in their Patagonia gear of course.

Share

CommentComments

Cruise

New expert sessions announced for Cruise360

These new sessions have us so excited we went out and booked a cruise, only for us to realise the date overlapped with Cruise360 so we had to cancel.

Share

CommentComments

Hotels

Club Med’s flash sale has 30% off Asian resorts

Just to clarify, it’s 30% off resort deals, not the actual resorts themselves. Although that would be quite the sale.

Share

CommentComments

Midweek Interview

Midweek catch-up with Visit West Hollywood’s Tom Kiely

This week we caught up with the CEO of Visit West Hollywood Tom Kiely who kept praising Australia and our travel industry. We just couldn’t stop blushing!

Share

CommentComments

Destinations

Corona announces its own tropical island destination in South America

If drinking beer on the beach is one of your favourite holiday activities then there’s no better destination for you!

Share

CommentComments