The Travel Coordinator is responsible for organising flights, accommodation, transfers, visas and allowances as required for the In-Theatre performing company (principal artists, chorus, creative team, and music staff). In addition, the Travel Coordinator works as part of the company office team, ensuring the smooth management of the performing company so that performances are delivered at the highest possible standard.
- To arrange all domestic and international travel requirements for the In-Theatre performing company, including collecting requirements, making travel and accommodation bookings, arranging visas, booking transfers, communicating to all travelers, and meeting them if required;
- To ensure travel arrangements are integrated with the Company’s rehearsal and performance schedule and alert the Schedule Co-ordinator to inconsistencies.
- To manage the In-Theatre travel budget and accounting requirements, including processing invoices, liaising with payroll, tracking the travel budget, adhering to enterprise agreements, and providing budget reporting;
- Alert designated staff to artist illnesses; call covers if required; and coordinate rehearsal and wardrobe requirements;
- Make and communicate changes to the schedule after the call sheet has been issued;
- Act as the first point of contact for artists and creatives during rehearsal periods and performance seasons and provide assistance to company members as required; and
- Other tasks as required to ensure the smooth running of rehearsals and performances.
Travel co-ordination takes priority in this role, but the role is based in Company Office so that it may also contribute to smooth company management. This position has responsibility for checking fine detail of travel arrangements and allowance payments, often against tight deadlines and budgets. The smooth operation of travel arrangements has a significant influence on the effectiveness of the Company’s operations.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Experience using Serko, or another similar travel booking system.
- Experience in an administration and budget management.
- Experience in artist liaison.
- Experience in booking corporate domestic and international travel and accommodation.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritise tasks effectively and meet strict deadlines without supervision.
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task when required.
- Good knowledge of Windows Office and databases.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and a polite and professional manner.
- Empathy for the artistic process and an understanding of the needs of artists.
If you are the hands-on, organised and proactive Travel Coordinator we’re looking for, apply now! You will be rewarded with an excellent team, on the job perks, great work-life balance, and career progression.
For a detailed position description, please go to www.opera.org.au/aboutus/employment
Applications close 26 September 2017. Apply through our website at: https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form?EQBCT=923ad25e48c8459bb86e1760c1c27d8c
No recruitment agencies. Only applicants with full Australian working rights are eligible for this position.