Public Relations Executive
Our Client is the national tourism board responsible for marketing and building tourism value and growth across England, Scotland and Wales. Operating from four regional hubs – Europe, the Americas, Asia Pacific, Mid East & Africa (APMEA) and China & North East Asia – their extensive network, serviced by offices around the world, connects them with customers worldwide.
Based in Sydney, the role will play an important role in developing and executing a profile building programme and supporting the ANZ marketing and communications plan, to increase visits to England, Scotland and Wales.
- Plan and execute an expanded press and media engagement programme in Australia to build on the long-term brand position
- Create, develop and manage a programme of profile building PR activities including media and consumer events
- Manage the Visiting Journalist Program
- Proactively pitch timely visits to relevant consumer and travel trade media, and work with the PR team in London to coordinate the visits
- To grow, develop, embed and strengthen PR relationships within the travel & lifestyle arena across Australia.
As a PR Executive, you can evidence that you are an organized, cool-tempered professional who is able to multi-skill. We expect you to have a creative mind, excellent communication skills and to be confident in your public speaking and project management abilities.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in PR, communications, insights and market intelligence with a background in or experience of the tourism industry
- Demonstrated understanding of Australasian and UK travel industry
- Good product knowledge of the UK. Ideally, you will have worked in the UK.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or extensive relevant experience
- Ideally, media trained
For further information, please contact Ali Fortuna at firstname.lastname@example.org