Premium Travel Consultant
If you have a passion for travel, relevant experience and would like to develop your career at one of the world’s most respected service brands – we would love to hear from you!
From our high employee satisfaction ratings to our many workplace awards, American Express is consistently recognised as a great place to work by people around the world.
Due to an enhanced focus on local service, we are currently building a new team of Premium Travel Consultants to serve our American Express Cardholders.
Here’s just some of what you’ll be doing:
• Provide expert advice and servicing to Centurion Cardmembers
• Make personalized recommendations and bookings
• Stay up to date and knowledgeable about industry trends
• Create innovative ways to resolve customer issues
• Cross-sell relevant products and services
As part of the Travel team, you will have access to some industry leading benefits:
• “High end” educational experiences aligned to the needs of our premium customer base
• Flexible working arrangements as well as a work free birthday
• Ongoing training and strong support by a dedicated travel training team
• Opportunity to work with premium clientele on a consistent basis, providing interesting and diverse travel requests
• A supportive team, service oriented environment, subsidised gym memberships and centrally located CBD offices
• Career opportunities across the broader American Express business, including domestic and international positions.
• Penalty rates for any weekend shifts
Are you who we are looking for? You will have:
• The ability to provide exceptional Customer Service
• An understanding of Premium Travel related areas such as geography, products and systems
• Strong knowledge of a GDS system (Sabre would be desirable)
• Fares and ticketing knowledge – including RTW and complex fares
• The ability to work towards targets including sales, land and sea mix, quality and customer satisfaction
• Strong knowledge of premium products including hotels, cruising and tours
• An ability to adapt communication styles to the audience, communicate confidently, accuracy and able to lead our members to the desired outcomes
• A genuine passion about travel and service
[Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.]