IT Infrastructure Manager
They say Life’s a Journey… well now you can combine wisdom and your career!
TravelEdge is committed to creating Amazing Journeys for our people, our clients, and for everyone we meet along the way. We offer exceptional service and experiences to people – clients and employees alike. And we do it whilst having fun. Our offices are full of inspired people who are on this very journey.
Are you our missing piece?
We are growing! So, we are seeking a talented individual to join our IT & Technology team as an Infrastructure Manager. This is a fantastic opportunity to take initiative and drive delivery on a day to day basis within the second and third line. This is the perfect opportunity for someone who is looking for a new challenge to take ownership of the team management, operation responsibilities, IT Risk and project management concurrently.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing the Infrastructure to minimise downtime and impact on operations in a business that runs 24×7 and it is geographically disperse.
- Manage the LAN & WAN infrastructure and escalate issue to appropriate vendor contacts.
- Take an active role in relation to IT Policy and Procedure creation regarding Privacy, Correct Usage, Monitoring and Security.
- Coordinate the installation and maintenance of IT infrastructures.
- Perform network assessments and security audits.
- Oversees troubleshooting, systems backups, archiving, and disaster recovery and provides expert support when necessary.
- Managing vendors and IT partner relationships, contracts and service levels.
- Supervise and coach level 1 and 2 IT support engineers.
- Maintain support roster to ensure 24×7 coverage of IT support phone number.
- Providing a rapid and efficient resolution service for level 2 & 3 issues.
- Ensuring faults are either rectified within a specified timeframe or escalated to vendors.
- Manage vendor relationships monitoring service levels.
- Co-ordinate rollouts of new hardware nationally, schedule technicians and equipment to minimize impact on essential services.
- Providing ‘hands-on’ technical leadership as required.
- Ensure employees within the team obtain the necessary level of communication and training.
- Strong vendor management skills
- Strong team leadership and management skills
- Flexible and adaptable, ability to manage work within a changing environment
- Strong technical background and problem-solving skills
- Effective time management – proven prioritisation skills
- Good interpersonal skills – able to communicate well to both internal and external clients
- Good Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012/2016
- Good Knowledge of AWS, Office 365, SharePoint and Azure skills
- And also key technologies such as: Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP and TCP/IP
- Good knowledge on the fundamentals of networking including TCP/IP and routing protocols
- Good knowledge on IT security
- Flexible approach to working hours to accomplish urgent and ad hoc tasks
- Able to work on shift and on-call out of working hours
- Microsoft application stack including Exchange 2013, SQL 2012/2014/2016 PKI and IIS
- AV-related technologies including Avaya PABX and contact centre
- Security technologies, particularly Cisco Firewalls
- Virtualisation technologies such as VMware and Hyper-V
- Monitoring solutions, particularly PRTG system
Sometimes it’s the little things that make our day…
We operate out of a 5-star office in the CBD, supply you with toast and coffee to kick start your day along with fresh fruit for the midweek hump day! We have picnic blankets for you to use if you fancy taking your lunch over to the beautiful park across the road.
We realise that you need an extra day of leave a year to party on your birthday, run a marathon or just to stay in bed and binge on Netflix, so we are happy to offer this to you! Career progression is often a floating cloud term that seems unattainable, don’t worry, we have a team of people here and a system devoted to your progress that can track and map out your goals with you.
We invite you to take a look at what we have created together and join the journey!
Please get in touch ASAP for a confidential chat, we would love to hear from you!
02 9112 1653