Groups Travel Team Leader – Adventure Travel
- Combination role – Groups Consulting & leading a small team
- $65k – $75k + super + host a group at least once a year
- Destinations incl Everest Base Camp, Machu Pichu & the Great Wall to name a few
About the Company
THIS A COMPANY LIKE NO OTHER. They are a market leader in ethical tourism and sell group travel to “once in a lifetime” destinations. These could include a trek to Everest Base Camp, hiking the Inca trail through Machu Puchu, cycling along the Great Wall of China or an adventure trip through Cambodia & Vietnam.
This company would send off at least 100 adventure groups per year – with all itineraries having a trek or cycle element as part of the tour!
This newly created position will see you leading and managing a team of group travel consultants in addition to consulting and on occasion – hosting these group trips at least once a year.
About the Role
• Quote and manage the end to end process for special interest groups
• Booking flights in conjunction with land arrangements to global destinations
• Supervise and lead a small team of groups consultants
• Negotiate rates with group operators
• Average 15-20 passengers in a group
Skills and Experience required
• Experience in the creation and implementation of group tours
• Solid experience working as a Groups Consultant
• Leadership experience in the travel space
• Effective communication skills and proven attention to detail
• A demonstrated passion for adventure tourism
What is in it for you?
In addition to a strong base plus super, you will be offered the opportunity to host at least one of these groups once a year.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume in a Word Doc. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Susan Chand on (02) 92785100 or 1300 inPlace, quoting Ref No 10464.