Twilight at Taronga
Twilight at Taronga today announces the full lineup of artists, who will perform against the picturesque backdrop of its 180-degree Sydney harbour views in 2016. As a major celebration of Taronga Zoo’s centennial year, the stunning vantage point of Twilight’s harbour-side amphitheatre will play host to music lovers each weekend from Thursday 28 January through Saturday 12 March 2016.
Experience the thrill of a summer evening open-air show on the intimate, fully licensed concert lawns of iconic Taronga Zoo, as Twilight presents its most diverse lineup yet. Internationally renowned artistCourtney Barnett, who has just been nominated for an incredible eight ARIA Awards including Album of the Year and Best Female Artist, cuts the ribbon on the Twilight at Taronga 2016 program, which also features Josh Pyke, John Butler Trio, The Waifs, Birds of Tokyo, Missy Higgins in a special Valentine’s weekend performance, crowd favourites Björn Again back by popular demand, Violent Femmes, C.W. Stoneking, legendary South African a cappella singing group Ladysmith Black Mambazo, and more.
The perfect destination to unwind as the sun sets over the harbour, audiences are invited to immerse themselves in the magnificence of the Sydney summer with a refreshing Aperol Spritz accompanied by a delicious gourmet antipasto hamper inspired by Giovanni Pilu. Hampers are available for pre-purchase online, or bring a basket along to experience one of Sydney’s essential nights out.
Marion Joyce, Twilight at Taronga Manager, says, “We are absolutely delighted to kick start Taronga’s centennial year with an epic Twilight lineup. We invite everybody to join in the celebration and grab the ferry, a hamper, a refreshing drink and enjoy the sunset and the amazing sounds of the 2016 series of Twilight at Taronga.”
All Twilight at Taronga tickets include free return ferry from Circular Quay from 5pm; bus transfer from Taronga wharf to Zoo entrance; and post-show buses to Spit Junction and Mosman. Twilight at Taronga tickets also include half price same day entry to the Zoo.
All proceeds from Twilight at Taronga go toward the Taronga Conservation Society Australia – a not for profit organisation dedicated to wildlife conservation, scientific research and environmental sustainability.
TWILIGHT AT TARONGA LINE UP:
- Thursday 28 January – COURTNEY BARNETT, supported by Jep and Dep
- Friday 29 January – JOSH PYKE, supported by Winterbourne
- Saturday 30 January – FAR FROM FOLSOM featuring TEX PERKINS AND THE TENNESSEE FOUR with Rachael Tidd, supported by Vic Simms
- Friday 5 February – JOHN BUTLER TRIO, supported by Tinpan Orange
- Saturday 6 February – THE WAIFS, supported by Ruby Boots
- Friday 12 February – BIRDS OF TOKYO, supported by Fractures
- Saturday 13 February – MISSY HIGGINS
- Friday 19 February – MARK SEYMOUR & THE UNDERTOW, supported by Ben Salter
- Saturday 20 February – JAMES MORRISON BIG BAND
- Friday 26 & Saturday 27 February – BJÖRN AGAIN
- Friday 4 March – VIOLENT FEMMES, supported by Xylouris White
- Saturday 5 March – COLIN HAY
- Friday 11 March – C.W. STONEKING supported by Marlon Williams
- Saturday 12 March – LADYSMITH BLACK MAMBAZO
TO PURCHASE TICKETS, go to: twilightattaronga.org.au