Destination Australia Conference
The inaugural Destination Australia Conference is coming to The Ivy in Sydney on March 17 2015, looking into Aussie tourism on the global stage, and how to better reach travellers.
The conference will focus on how we can attract more high-yielding international visitors to Australia to grow the tourism industry and boost business.
The conference has three primary objectives for the event:
- Outline the current global outlook for tourism focusing on significant mid-term demographic and economic trends that offer potential opportunities for Australia
- Share consumer insights from Australia’s highest volume and highest yielding international markets and explain Tourism Australia’s marketing campaigns for the year ahead
- Showcase examples of innovation in marketing and trends in tourism: new technology, data mining/big data, methods for content creation, changing distribution models, good design and personalised content.
The Destination Australia Conference is targeted to decision makers in tourism-related businesses that are actively marketing Australia to international leisure and business travellers.
Speakers at the event include:
- James O’Loghlin, Emcee
- The Hon Andrew Robb AO MP, Minister for Trade and Investment
- Ian Harper, Partner, Deloitte Access Economics
- John O’Sullivan, Managing Director, Tourism Australia
- Lisa Ronson, Chief Marketing Officer, Tourism Australia
- Sally Cope, Executive Officer, Ultimate Winery Experiences Australia
- Kathryn Valk, General Manager Marketing and Sakes, Ardent Leisure (Theme Park Division)
- Ben Neville, Owner and Operator, Off Piste 4WD Tours
- Sean Ashby, Director, aussieBum
- Hugh Aitken, Director Business Development, Skyscanner
- Ross McDonald, Industry Head – Travel & Tourism, Google Australia