Just in time for lunch, TripAdvisor has ranked the top restaurants for pizza in Australia based on millions of reviews!
The top pizzerias were determined by taking into account the quality and quantity of reviews and great pizza reviews, with more weight to reviews received in the past year.
Beagles Pizza in Arlie Beach took out the top spot for their “old school” style and “heaps of toppings” with a “beautiful base and fresh ingredients”.
Our mouths are watering just thinking about it!
Here’s the full list
- Located at the heart of Airlie Beach, Beagles Pizza prides itself on using the freshest ingredients, delivering quality and taste without breaking the bank. Recommended for takeaway, Beagles Pizza also offers an online ordering service and is known for their fast and free delivery.
- Signature slice: “Beagles Supreme” that’s topped with mozzarella cheese, ham, salami, prawns, olives, mushrooms, onions, capsicum, pineapple, and anchovies as an optional extra.
- What TripAdvisor diners say: “What I would call ‘old school pizza’, made with love and heaps of toppings” with “a beautiful base and fresh ingredients.”
- Translating to ‘the hole’ in Italian, Il Buco is a quaint shop that serves up authentic Italian artisan pizza. The pizzeria aims to stay as local and seasonal as possible with the ingredients used, supporting local farmers and businesses, while maintaining affordable prices with a BYO alcohol policy.
- Signature slice: “Prosciutto Funghi” pizza featuring homemade tomato paste, fior di latte mozzarella, Bangalow sweet pork ham and mushrooms.
- What TripAdvisor diners say: “Must try – a hole in the wall with sensational pizzas” that are “so outrageously good you’ll feel like you’re in Naples!”
- Station Bar & Wood Fired Pizza is situated in the heart of the Blue Mountains and is famed for their large variety of “creative” wood fired pizzas, featuring “Warrimoo” (kangaroo fillet) and “Bullaburra” (saltwater crocodile). Its relaxed yet “funky” pub-restaurant atmosphere, as well as live music on most Friday and Saturday nights, bring a uniquely Katoomba experience.
- Signature slice: “Woodford” topped with roast duck, mushrooms, baby spinach, red onion, sesame seeds and plum sauce.
- What TripAdvisor diners say: “Beautiful wood-fired crust” that were “freshly made… the toppings were generous without overloading the pizzas”, “definitely a go-to place for pizza in the mountains.”
- Contemporary, nautical-themed pizzeria El Capitano in Noosa lovingly makes their pizza base from organic sourdough through a 72-hour fermentation process. Serving up “old world” pizzas, this restaurant is great for groups, families and functions.
- Signature slice: “Margherita” with fior di latte, fresh buffalo mozzarella and basil leaves.
- What TripAdvisor diners say: “The 72-hour fermented crust is perfection,” “a classy twist on pizza to satisfy both the kids and us!”
- Frankie’s Pizza is an underground, grunge, “hard rockin’” pizzeria located in Sydney’s Central Business District offering an eclectic ambience with live music, craft beer and pinball machines. Serving fresh, thin-crusted Italian pizzas straight from the oven, patrons can order by the slice or a whole pizza.
- Signature slice: “Capricciosa” made of ham, mushroom, artichokes, olives, tomato and cheese.
- What TripAdvisor diners say: “Good pizzas in a character-filled atmosphere”, “If the setting isn’t your thing – fair enough, but if you don’t recognise the quality of the pizza, you’re clueless, period.”
- With more than 20 toppings to choose from, ranging from the standard Margherita to dessert calzones, Sam’s Pizzeria serves up traditional Italian pizzas with fantastic waterfront views along Batemans Bay. They are fully licensed for BYO wine, and guests are recommended to book ahead to guarantee a table.
- Signature slice: Calzones (for both savoury and sweet).
- What TripAdvisor diners say: “We had two different pizzas which we found hard to choose, as they offer such a variety”, “the pizzas are made with love and care, they are not your average pizza!”
- Located a short walk away from Emerald Beach, Italian inspired café Emerald Beach Pizza & Pasta was founded in September 2010 and is best known for authentic, wood fired pizzas.
- Signature slice: “Supreme” made of pepperoni, onion, capsicum, mushrooms, ham, pineapple, olives, mozzarella cheese and anchovies (optional).
- What TripAdvisor diners say: “The wood fired oven delivered a nice dry base and an even, not overcooked top”, “the kids inhaled every last piece!”
- With a name referencing great standards for Italian food, DOC came from humble beginnings in suburban Melbourne, 1997. This flagship pizzeria situated in Carlton’s city centre is renowned for its buffalo mozzarella.
- Signature slice: Any pizza with the specialty buffalo mozzarella.
- What TripAdvisor diners say: “There was one ingredient that was outstanding – the buffalo mozzarella,” and overall, serving up “excellent food in an authentic and warm Italia atmosphere.”
- Pizza Boccone is a contemporary trattoria that celebrates genuine Italian wood fired pizza and prides itself on specialty dough that’s nurtured for three days. Pizzas are handmade in front of guests in an open kitchen featuring a wood fire oven.
- Signature slice: “Capricciosa” made of tomato, buffalo mozzarella, rocket and cherry tomatoes.
- What TripAdvisor diners say: “Small, simple menu prepared to perfection”, “Highly recommended to all”
- Gigi Pizzeria is one of the five pizzerias in Sydney that is a member of the AVPN (‘Associazione Verace Pizza Napoletana’, or ‘True Neapolitan Pizza Association’). This obviously means it adheres to incredibly specific regulations for its pizza, including a hand-stretched dough technique, garnishing with ingredients from Campania regions and stone roasted exclusively in a wood fired oven. The entire selection of pizzas at Gigi Pizzeria is also plant-based.
- Signature slice: “Patate” that’s topped with thin sliced roasted potato, garlic, rosemary and black truffle pate, and extra virgin olive oil.
- TripAdvisor diners say: “The bases are a perfect combination of crispness and elasticity. The flavours are so good that it was like ‘Cheese? What’s cheese?’”