It is very rare that our two main interests are represented in the one article but this morning is one of those rare occasions and we are over the moon.
In case you’re wondering, those interests are pets and travel.
The pet-friendly folk over at TrustedHousesitters.com have released a list of the top 100 best destinations to travel to with your furry friends!
The survey was conducted with more than 10,000 members of TrustedHousesitters.com, who recommended over 54,000 locations.
And guess what? Australia is leading the way, with more dog-friendly beaches than any other country!
Besides the international list, TrustedHousesitters.com also released a list of the top pet-friendly places in Australia because who wouldn’t want to go on a country-wide road trip with their fuzzy life partner?
Here’s the Aussie list:
1. South Bank, Brisbane (world #7)
2. North Stradbroke Island, Moreton Bay, Queensland (world #12)
3. Hahndorf German Settlement, Adelaide Hills (world #21)
4. Safety Bay, Perth, Western Australia (world #26)
5. Big Banana, New South Wales (world #29)
6. Watiparinga Reserve, Adelaide, South Australia (world #36)
7. Ballarat Botanical Gardens Reserve, Victoria (world #38)
8. Gold Coast, Broadwater, Queensland (world #39)
9. Floreat/Peasholm Dog Beach, Floreat, Western Australia (world #42)
10. Lights In The Attic café, Hawthorn, Melbourne (world #44)
11. Lux Foundry, Melbourne (world #48)
12. Eumundi Markets, Sunshine Coast (world #50)
13. Kings Park, Perth (world #61)
14. Belle General Café, East Ballina, New South Wales (world #64)
15. Drift Café, Margaret River, Western Australia (world #66)
16. SkyHigh Mount Dandenong, Victoria (world #76)
17. Burns Beach Café, Perth (world #79)
18. The Pool Café, Peregian Springs, Queensland (world #81)
19. Yarralumla Gallery and The Oaks Brasserie, Canberra (world #85)
20. Mrs. S Café, Maylands, Western Australia (world #94)
As for international Cornwall in the UK takes the pet-friendly cake, with the Eden Project (which looks like a dystopic beehive, if you ask us) taking out the top spot.
Here are the top ten internationally:
1. The Eden Project, Cornwall, UK
2. Lake Merritt, Oakland, USA
3. Piedmont Park, Piedmont, USA
4. Watercress Line, Hampshire, UK
5. Cashmere Hill Lookout, Victoria Park, New Zealand
6. Lost Gardens of Heligan, St. Austell, UK
7. South Bank, Brisbane, Australia
8. Verteuil-sur-Charente, France
9. Mission Bay, Auckland, New Zealand
10. Ibirapuera Park, Sao Paulo