Condé Nast is renowned as being a haven for all things travel and inspiration – so naturally we’re being nosy and finding out who their readers voted as #1.
The ultimate Travel Top 100 in the Readers’ Travel Awards for 2017 have been revealed, and they feature everything from the best countries and airlines that get you there, to the islands and hotels you’ll inevitably visit on your adventures.
Condé Nast calculated the average marks, according to criteria including service, culture, value for money and design, and then turned this into the top 100 list.
The results of the Readers’ Travel Awards were unveiled overnight at an awards ceremony at Ham Yard Hotel in London.
For the full and various lists of travel winners and separate categories, click here, but take a peek at the overall top 20 from Condé Nast here.
The Condé Nast Top 20
1. Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok. Score: 93.68
2. Six Senses, Douro Valley. Score 93.65
3. Greek Islands. Score 93.18
4. The Oberoi Udaivilas, Udaipur, India. Score 92.65
5. Balearic Islands. Score 92.61
6. Auberge du Soleil, Napa Valley, California, USA. Score 92.3
7. Cheval Blanc St-Barth Isle de France, St Barth’s. Score 92.23
8. Le Bristol Paris. Score 92.09
9. Taj Lake Palace Hotel, Udaipur, India. Score 91.81
10. The Original FX Mayr Health Center, Austria. Score 91.50
11. Eden Rock – St Barths. Score 91.38
12. Sicily. Score 91.11
13. The Maldives. Score 91.04
14. Hôtel du Cap-Eden-Roc, Antibes, France. Score 90.69
15. Villa Stèphanie, Brenners Park-Hotel & Spa, Baden-Badenç. Score 90.69
16. Explora Patagonia, Chile. Score 90.65
17. Alila Ubud, Bali. Score 90.51
18. The Sarojin, Khao Lak, Thailand. Score 90.37
19. Koh Samui. Score 90.36
20. Singita Sabi Sand, South Africa. Score 90.28