A little over a week since Ryanair CEO Michael O’Leary admitted to “f*cking up” after an unprecedented amount of flights were cancelled, the airline is at it again.
The most recent announcement will see Ryanair cancel another 18,000 flights between November and March, reportedly affecting more than 400,000 passengers.
Originally, Ryanair said it would be canceling up to 50 flights every day from now until October 31, and promised to cut from routes where alternative flights are more easily accessed.
Now, the BBC has reported a total of 34 routes will be suspended this winter, including Stansted to Edinburgh and Glasgow, Gatwick to Belfast and Newcastle to Faro.
The airline will also fly 25 fewer planes to cut the risk of further flight cancellations.
Passengers affected by the move will be offered alternative flights or full refunds and had been emailed about advising them of flight changes occurring until the end of October.
They will also be offered vouchers of 40 euros (£35) one way or 80 euros return towards on alternative flights on top of any refund.
Amid these new changes, O’Leary said, “From today, there will be no more rostering-related flight cancellations this winter or in summer 2018.
“Slower growth this winter will create lots of spare aircraft and crews, which will allow us to manage the exceptional volumes of annual leave we committed to delivering in the nine months to December 2017.”
At the time of the original announcement, O’Leary said, “We will not pay for flights on the other airlines, we cannot afford to pay the high costs of our competitors.”
Showing his typical arrogance that he’s known for though, O’Leary added that despite all the people claiming they’ll never fly Ryanair again, people will come crawling back due to the cheap prices.
“Our booking engine is full of passengers who have sworn they will never fly with us again,” he said.
Read more about the first wave of cancellations here.