An Australian resort renowned for its commitment to sustainable tourism was among the winners at the Virtuoso 2019 Best of the Best awards night.
Virtuoso has revealed the winners of its 2019 Best of the Best awards before more than 1,800 industry leaders at the 31st annual Virtuoso Travel Week.
The ceremony at the 13th annual Hotels & Resorts Dinner recognised the year’s top 10 hotels and hoteliers in categories ranging from best wellness program to best dining experience.
Four Seasons Hotel George V triumphed with the most prestigious prize of ‘Hotel of the Year’.
Australian resort Emirates One&Only Wolgan Valley received the ‘Sustainable Tourism Leadership’ award for its commitment to sustainable tourism.
This includes a commitment to environmentally friendly practices, protection of cultural and natural heritage, and social and economic benefits for local people.
The world-renowned resort was recently inducted into the TAA Hall of Fame at the 2019 TAA NSW Awards for Excellence, last month.
The 2019 Virtuoso Best of the Best winners are:
- Hotel of the Year: Four Seasons Hotel George V, Paris, France
- Best Achievement in Design: Rosewood Hong Kong, China
- Best Dining Experience: La Reserve Paris Hotel and Spa – Restaurant Le Gabriel, Paris, France
- Best Bar: Four Seasons Hotel at The Surf Club – Le Sirenuse Champagne Bar, Surfside, Florida, US
- Sustainable Tourism Leadership: Emirates One&Only Wolgan Valley, Wolgan Valley, Australia
- Best Family Program: Grand Velas Riviera Maya, Playa del Carmen, Mexico
- Best Wellness Program: Miraval Arizona Resort & Spa, Tucson, Arizona, US
- Best Virtuoso Newcomer: Montage Los Cabos, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
- Best Virtuoso Hotel Ambassador: Carlos Quereda, Querido Representation Co.
- Hotelier of the Year: Amanda Hyndman, Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park, London, UK.
Earlier in the week, the company also awarded 18 “outstanding destination, cruise and lifestyle partners” for their “exceptional product and service”. Winners were announced at two events taking place during the 31st annual Virtuoso Travel Week.
Virtuoso’s Destination Showcase Dinner, held 12 August at Bellagio before an audience of more than 1,800 of luxury travel’s finest, saw 10 awards presented to suppliers who deliver client experiences that exceed expectations:
- Best Tour Partner: Belmond Trains & Cruises
- Destinations & Experiences Ambassador of the Year: Javier Echecopar, Abercrombie & Kent USA
- Destinations & Experiences Partner of the Year: Made for Spain & Portugal
- Best Multi-Generational Program – Cruise: Royal Caribbean International
- Best Culinary Experience – Cruise: Oceania Cruises
- Most Luxurious Guest Experience – Cruise: Crystal Cruises
- Best River Cruise Line: AmaWaterways
- Best Expedition Cruise Line: Silversea Expeditions
- Best On-Site Partner: Calvados Club Luxury Travel – Croatia
- Tourism Board of the Year: Switzerland Tourism.
The Alliance Partner Awards took place during an 11 August luncheon, also at Bellagio, and recognised eight exceptional preferred destinations and lifestyle partners:
- Most Engaged Tourism Board – US/Canada: Tourism Australia
- Most Engaged Tourism Board – Global: Visit California
- Most Innovative Alliances Partner: El Corte Ingles
- Most Comprehensive Advisor Program: Austrian Tourist Office
- Hottest Destination of the Year: Slovenian Tourist Board
- Top Destination of the Year: Italian National Tourist Board
- Virtuoso Alliances Ambassador of the Year: Elisabeth Hakim, PromPeru
- Lifestyle Partner of the Year: Galeries Lafayette Paris.