Grand Designs fans, eat your heart out.
Spend the rest of your Friday afternoon mesmerised by these gifs illustrating what six sets of ruins around the world would look like with a 21st-century renovation.
From ruined mansions to forgotten worker’s cottages, the home renovation savvy folk at Budget Direct breathed new life into these abandoned homes borrowing inspiration from trendy traditional-meets-contemporary style buildings.
1. Castello di Arco (Trentino, Italy)
2. Chachabamba House (Chachabamba, Peru)
3. Crofter’s Cottage (Orkney, Scotland)
4. Thackaringa Street House (Silverton, NSW, Australia)
5. The Ruins (Negros Oriental, Philippines)
6. Wukoki Pueblo (Arizona, USA)