A man has died while on a flight from Mexico to Japan after ingesting 264 packets of cocaine, according to local authorities.
The Aeroméxico Boeing 787-8 aircraft was forced to make an emergency landing at Hermosillo airport after airline staff noticed the 42-year-old man began to suffer from seizures.
The plane was then boarded by paramedics, who pronounced the man – known as Udo “n” – dead.
Hours later, the local attorney general’s office of justice was asked to take charge of forensic studies to identify the cause of death, locating 246 plastic wrappers that were 2.5 centimetres in length and an inch wide, in the man’s intestines and stomach.
⭕️ Autopsia revela que fueron 246 envoltorios de narcóticos en el cuerpo del pasajero de origen japonés, lo que le ocasionó la muere en el aeropuerto de #Hermosillo.
— FGJE SONORA (@fgjesonora) May 26, 2019
Forensic medical service experts determined the man died “due to cerebral edema by hypertensive crisis, derived from narcotic overdose in his body”.
The 198 other passengers onboard the flight continued their trip to Japan once the corresponding international protocols were carried out.