It’s another Road & Rail wrap! And this one has more than four stories in it! Can you tell we haven’t had many wins lately?
SeaLink launches amazing new food, wine & Kangaroo Island Self Drive Packages
Discover South Australia’s most loved wine regions and one of Australia’s unspoilt treasures – Kangaroo Island, with SeaLink’s new self-drive holiday packages. As a bonus, packages also include a 30-day Entertainment Digital Membership, offering savings of up to 25 per cent and fantastic two-for-one deals at many of South Australia’s top restaurants, attractions and activities.
There are three six-day Self-Drive holiday packages to choose from including the South Australia Food and Wine Getaway, the Barossa and Kangaroo Island package and the Hahndorf, McLaren Vale and Kangaroo Island package.
Helping to save hundreds of dollars, all self-drive packages include the bonus Entertainment Digital Membership. The membership provides hundreds of discounts and two-for-one deals at many restaurants, cafes, art attractions and shopping destinations in Adelaide, Adelaide Hills, Barossa and Fleurieu Peninsula. The 30-day membership can be self-activated prior to travel so benefits can be utilised before, after and during holiday packages.
The South Australia Food and Wine Getaway combines coach touring and self-drive and explores the city of Adelaide, the Barossa region on a choice of two food and wine coach tours and Kangaroo Island to discover the Island’s unique local wines and produce, pristine beaches, fascinating wildlife, amazing attractions and spectacular coastal scenery.
itravel goes off the beaten track
The itravel 747 jet is not quite a Boeing. It’s a HR Holden taking on the annual Outback Car Trekand raising funds for The Royal Flying Doctor Service.
itravel has sponsored Team HR-747 for five years running with theevent raisingin excess of $26 million for the RFDS.
The itravel Jet has travelled approximately 3,500 kilometresfrom Tamworth to Airlie Beach.
Rail Plus announces winners of 2019 Rocky Mountaineer Counting Contest
Rail Plus has announced the winners of their 2019 Rocky Mountaineer ‘Count the Wildlife’ contest.
The 14 lucky winners are:
- $500 Gift Card – Ash Nikolaou from Flight Centre Marrickville Metro
- Four $100 Coles/Myer or Countdown Gift Cards – Robyn Hodder-MacNeill from The Travellers Shop in Gympie, Jennie Smith from Flight Centre Takanini (NZ), Kim Adams from Helloworld Horsham and Aslam Bhojani from Travelsmart Papakura (NZ)
- Two Rocky Mountaineer Engineers Hats – Kate Jarmyn from Flight Centre NEXT and Gwyneth Liu from AGL Travel
- Five Rocky Mountaineer Bear Soft Toys – Meg Robinson from italktravel Warners Bay, Gabriella Ingvall from Flight Centre East Victoria Park, Lisa Rose from Zeppelin Travel in Benowa, Andi Forte from Flight Centre Tailor Made Adelaide City and Candice Free from Travel Associates in Geelong West
- Rocky Mountaineer Cookbook – Chelsea Groot from Travel by Wyndham in Bundall
- Rocky Mountaineer Travel Bag – Jamie Farrar-Semak from Flight Centre Gympie
Swiss Travel Pass Superstar Returns!
The highly anticipated annual Swiss Travel Pass SuperStar Program is back and will run from 2 July to 28 September 2018. A joint initiative between the Swiss Travel System and Rail Europe GSAs, the program equips agents with useful information about travelling around Switzerland, the benefits of Swiss Travel Pass as well as the many journeys around the country. Updates on new and improved products are also provided in the program.
Over the course of the three-month program, agents will need to sell as many passes as they can and answer 10 quiz questions in each of the program’s six modules. Agents must get at least six out of the 10 questions correct in order to be eligible to win the monthly prizes.
Certificates will be awarded to agents who successfully complete all modules and register a minimum of 36 points. In each module, agents can win a series of prizes including six Bucherer watches; six Nespresso coffee machines; 12 wine and cheese hampers; and 12 $100 Visa gift cards.
The 10 top performing agents will win a spot on an all-inclusive 7D/6N famil to Switzerland later in the year, courtesy of Switzerland Tourism.
Avis launches new Edinburgh ‘hidden gems’ one-day road trip (Interactive guide-map)
To help discover more of Scotland, Avis Car Hire enlisted Edinburgh based travel blogger Sonja Thomson to explore and discover 10 hidden gems that are one day’s drive away from the capital.
Experiencing Scottish art, food, history and culture, Sonja’s favourite places have been charted out on an interactive guide-map on the Avis Inspires blog. Each destination has an article or video that goes into further detail. Watch it here.
- The Helix: Home of the Kelpies (article)
- The Engine Shed, Sterling (article)
- Doune Castle (article)
- Loch Lomond Leisure (article)
- Mhor Bread Bakery (article)
- Glencoe Folk Museum (article)
- Culross Palace (article)
- Made in Sterling Art Store (video)
- Smiddy Farm Shop (video)
- Luss Smokehouse (video)
Rail Plus kicks off World Cup of Great Train Journeys!
In the spirit of the international football championship, Rail Plus has kicked off its very own World Cups Series – the World Cup of Great Train Journeys. The first of its kind, the competition is open to all agents across Australia and New Zealand, where 10 x $15 wine vouchers are up for grabs.
To enter, agents need to fill out this form before heading to Rail Plus’ Facebook page to cast their votes on one of two great train journeys going head-to-head each day for the next 32 days ending 16 July.
The great train journeys up against each other in the preliminary rounds are:
- The Ghan vs Coast Starlight
- TranzAlpine vs Vistadome
- Eastern & Oriental Express vs The Overland
- Rovos Rail vs El Transcantabrico
- Coastal Pacific vs the Blue Train
- Rocky Mountaineer vs Caspian Odyssey
- Belmond Grand Hibernian vs The Silk Road
- Alaskan Railroad vs Golden Eagle Danube Express
- The Canadian vs Belmond British Pullman
- Venice Simplon-Orient-Express vs Sicilian Odyssey
- Belmond Royal Scotsman vs Indian Pacific
- Persian Odyssey vs Belmond Andean Explorer
- Northern Explorer vs Al Andalus
- Belmond Hiram Bingham vs Maharajas’ Express
- Trans-Siberian Express onboard The Golden Eagle vs Grand Train Tour of Switzerland
- Deccan Odyssey vs El Expreso de la Robla