Great news, Aussies! The UK government has just announced that from next year, those holding an Australian passport will be able to fast track through immigration.
But that shouldn’t come as a shock: new data from KAYAK.com.au has revealed that flight searches from Sydney to London have seen an increase of over 20 per cent for eager travellers in 2019.
So if you’re making plans to visit the UK next year (which you now obviously are), the travel experts at KAYAK.com.au recommend booking a flight to London three months in advance for the best deal.
Here are KAYAK.com.au’s top five picks for where to stay:
- DoubleTree by Hilton London with rooms from $233 per night, this contemporary custom hotel is in the heart of London’s financial district
- Montcalm Royal London House with rooms from $301 per night, this establishment is all class and rates best for wellness
- Hilton London Bankside with rooms from $305 per night, this stunning accommodation features a beautiful industrial design of bronzed metal, glass and layered brick
- Strand Palace Hotel with rooms from $289 per night, this well-known hotel is conveniently located in central London, surrounded by the very best the city has to offer
- Park Plaza London Riverbank with rooms from $218 per night, this modern yet elegant hotel is located in a vibrant and bustling corner of the city
While where to stay is sorted, the travel experts at KAYAK.com.au have also rounded up a selection of things to do in London (other than the standard tourist attractions, obvs).
Visit Queen Mary’s Dolls’ House
Built especially for Queen Mary in the years of 1921 and 1924, The Dolls’ House is a recreation of every facet of modern-day life from the 1920s. During a visit, you can walk around the house which is filled with thousands of objects made by leading designers, artists and craftsmen of the time, see inside each room and admire all the tiny details.
Place your bets at the Royal Windsor Racecourse
Located by the River Thames in 165 acres of stunning countryside, the Royal Windsor Racecourse is just a stone’s throw from Windsor Castle. This unique venue is the only racecourse in the country where you can arrive in style by catching a boat from Windsor Town centre, enjoy a drink on the River Thames before stepping off right onto the racecourse’s private jetty.
Get your adrenaline pumping at the Motor Stimulation Room
UK’s best and most realistic full motion racing experience can be found here, just a 12-minute drive out of the Windsor Town Centre. The room offers six professional full motion TL3 simulators, each generating lifelike movement coupled with the world’s first 200-degree wraparound spherical screen.
So what are you waiting for? Start looking at those flights for next year!