Visit California has just announced the seven founding members for the first Australian and New Zealand California Advisory Board (CAB).
The main objective of the CAB is to formulate strategies to grow California’s brand and market share in Australia.
“Recent fluctuations in the exchange rate as well as increased competition from other US destinations means that Visit California will be working even harder,” Visit California Senior Director of International Marketing Leona Reed said.
The CAB brings together industry experts in the travel and tourism fields and they will meet twice annually in both Australia and California.
“We are preparing to deliver a new and original strategy through our travel trade, communications and consumer advertising messaging channels,” Reed said.
The announcement was made during a boardroom breakfast at O Bar and Dining in Sydney and the founding members of CAB are:
- Alastair Fernie, General Manager of The Cruise Team/Harvey's Choice Holidays of Jetset Travelworld Group
- Alison Espley, Director Australia & New Zealand of United Airlines
- Clair Flack, Manager Travel Distribution Australia & New Zealand of Hertz Corporation
- John Simeone, Head of Sales & Tourism Development of Qantas Airways
- Kirsty Rankin, CEO Travel of Pinpoint Travel Group
- Randall Deer, Managing Director of Ignite Travel Group
- Steve Labroksi, Director of iTravel